Author Topic: Helicobacter Pylori and POIS  (Read 4498 times)

Rare

Helicobacter Pylori and POIS
« on: January 03, 2018, 12:03:10 PM »
Hello everyone,

I recently discover that I have a Helicobacter Pylori (HP +++).
I was wondering if there is a  relationship between HP and POIS ?
Members suffering from digestive problems, did you test HP before?
If HP is not a cause of  POIS,  could POIS with digestive trouble leads to HP?

Thanks for your answers

Quantum

• Administrator
Re: Helicobacter Pylori and POIS
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 12:38:19 PM »
Hi Rare,

A good proportion of the population have H.Pylori, while POIS is very rare, so I doubt that H.Pylori could be a direct cause of POIS.  But in someone prone to POIS ( we don't know yet exaclty why!), if this bacteria causes stomach problems, I believe it is a good idea to manage it, since any source of inflammation in the gut should be avoided, be it from irritating food, gluten, a bacteria, a bad gut flora, dairies, or anything else.   

I think the lower we keep our chronic, "baseline" inflammation level, the less severe our POIS symptoms are.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 12:40:06 PM by Quantum »
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

certainlypois2

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 06:04:12 PM »
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if there is a  relationship between HP and POIS ?
Members suffering from digestive problems, did you test HP before?
If HP is not a cause of  POIS,  could POIS with digestive trouble leads to HP?

Thanks for your answers
I had h pylori and treated it in the past. Treating it did not affect my pois. Treating it got rid of my bad heart burns. 
I believe you get h pylori from unclean food, water and utensils. I  have pois digestive issues and i have not gotten h pylori since i treated it. I think  i dont have h pylori because i dont have any heartburns.

Rare

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 05:18:28 AM »
Hi Rare,

A good proportion of the population have H.Pylori, while POIS is very rare, so I doubt that H.Pylori could be a direct cause of POIS.  But in someone prone to POIS ( we don't know yet exaclty why!), if this bacteria causes stomach problems, I believe it is a good idea to manage it, since any source of inflammation in the gut should be avoided, be it from irritating food, gluten, a bacteria, a bad gut flora, dairies, or anything else.   

I think the lower we keep our chronic, "baseline" inflammation level, the less severe our POIS symptoms are.

Thanks Quantum for your  usual  precious contribution.

Rare

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 05:25:33 AM »
Hello everyone,

I was wondering
 I had h pylori and treated it in the past. Treating it did not affect my pois. Treating it got rid of my bad heart burns. 
I believe you get h pylori from unclean food, water and utensils. I  have pois digestive issues and i have not gotten h pylori since i treated it. I think  i dont have h pylori because i dont have any heartburns.

Hi certaily
thanks for your reply.
For H pylori treatment did you take antibiotic ?  or natural way?

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 08:21:56 AM »
Hi Rare,

Thank you very much for your words of appreciation, Rare :)
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

certainlypois2

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 01:37:35 PM »
Hello everyone,

I was wondering

Hi certaily
thanks for your reply.
For H pylori treatment did you take antibiotic ?  or natural way?
I did antibiotics.  The treatment was two antibiotics and an antiacid.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 09:14:49 PM »
Hi Rare,

Yes it is usual...and also very Rare to find someone with Quantum’s incredible zeal! :)

« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 12:07:38 AM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

b_jim

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 03:02:49 PM »
Strangely I have gastritis since 2 weeks and I was searching links with Pois. I just hope I have no ulcer. But helicobacter Pylori causes lot of troubles.
gastritis soon cured :)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 06:40:31 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.