Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (P.O.I.S.)
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2017, 04:00:01 AM

:    
Welcome to POISCenter!
18685 1519 582
: Alpha_Beta
+  Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (P.O.I.S.)
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Poll Center
| | |-+  Vitamin D
« previous next »
: What is your level of Vitamin D?
100-50 ng/ml
50-30   ng/ml
30-20  ng/ml
20-10  ng/ml
<10     ng/ml
I have never checked it

: 1 [2]
: Vitamin D  ( 8456 )
Ccconfucius

« #15 : July 19, 2012, 02:30:13 PM »

how did you find that out, and what made you check for that.
Stef
Administrator
: 379

« #16 : July 19, 2012, 08:44:32 PM »

Thank you so much Steph !
I did not take 1.000 UI but 100 000 UI of Vitamin D3,  2 times without any effet.
Now I understand why ...It is normal I dont feel good because I learn I have lot of ringworms in my bowel for a while and it perhaps created my constant POIS/CFS.

Hi Habibou!

I misread the dose you took of the Vitamin D.  Sorry about that! 

You took 100,000 IU of Vitamin D?? I didn't know it came in that dosage!

And you took it only twice?

Sun exposure will generally increase Vitamin D levels, but with POIS -- nothing is standard! There's no text-book on POIS (yet!), and almost nothing is known about it.  So until something is learned, everyone should expect the unexpected.

Vitamin D3 needs to be taken regularly (daily) if there's a deficiency, and then a few blood levels need to be done to make sure (1) that you're responding -- that the level of this very important vitamin is rising, and (2) that it's not going too high (this is unlikely, but still needs to be checked).

And take it with food!

Habibou -- if you had those intestinal parasites for a while, that would probably affect everything -- especially absorption of nutrients.

Vitamin D may not be the answer to POIS (at least -- I don't know if it is) but it's a required vitamin that affects multiple body systems. So it's a good idea to have one's levels checked every so often.

Good luck with this, Habibou -- and everyone!

Stef

Vincent M
: 474

Physical overshadows cognitive symptoms. 10yrs.

« #17 : July 20, 2012, 05:13:24 PM »

Habibou, I'm also interested in how exactly you discovered that you have ringworms.

If you really do have ringworms it could be a bad sign for the theory that parasites might reduce POIS symptoms since certain parasites have been shown to treat or even cure some autoimmune conditions and allergies. But perhaps ringworms don't have the same potential for maintaining a balanced immune system that other parasites seem to have.
« : July 20, 2012, 05:49:14 PM Vincent M. »

Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513
Stef
Administrator
: 379

« #18 : July 20, 2012, 07:58:05 PM »

In truth, "ringworm" is probably an incorrect  name -- "ringworm" is just a circular rash on the skin, caused by a fungus.  Easily treated.

They might have been round worms, or pin worms.

I never knew that parasites have been know to balance the immune system! (Yuck!!)

Also didn't know that some consider parasites to be helpful for some autoimmune conditions!!!

Have heard of maggot therapy, and leech therapy --> both real and apparently helpful in certain circumstance. But have not heard about parasite therapy.

Live and learn!

Stef
joelawerence
: 62

« #19 : December 01, 2016, 06:44:45 AM »

I have been taking Vitamin D for the last few weeks on the advice of my GP. Initially I took it without any hope but it seems to be helping a bit with the physical symptoms and reduction in peak POIS time. I am taking 20,000 UI Vitamin D3 twice a week. It has decreased by extreme fatigue by about 40% or so and my peak POIS period seems to reduce from 7 days to about 4 days or so. Doesn?t seem to have much impact on improving cognitive symptoms though.

Having tried Niacin, fenugreek, curcumin, Garlic, etc. this this the only thing that has improved my symptoms somewhat. My theory is that I may be low in Vitamin D as well as I am dark skinned and living in the UK means that my body is able to generate very little Vitamin D on it?s own. I will keep taking it to see if it is a placebo or not. Anyone else had any benefits from taking Vitamin D supplements?

30 years old, POIS for around 9 years with increasing severity.
Major symptoms - Severe fatigue, back pain, unrefreshed even after 9+ hours sleep, pain behind eyes, very dry face, bald head with inflamed scalp, digestion issues and constipation. Very low testosterone and high glucose in blood tests.
b_jim
: 579

« #20 : December 01, 2016, 04:12:17 PM »

I have been taking Vitamin D for the last few weeks on the advice of my GP. Initially I took it without any hope but it seems to be helping a bit with the physical symptoms and reduction in peak POIS time. I am taking 20,000 UI Vitamin D3 twice a week. It has decreased by extreme fatigue by about 40% or so and my peak POIS period seems to reduce from 7 days to about 4 days or so. Doesn?t seem to have much impact on improving cognitive symptoms though.

Having tried Niacin, fenugreek, curcumin, Garlic, etc. this this the only thing that has improved my symptoms somewhat. My theory is that I may be low in Vitamin D as well as I am dark skinned and living in the UK means that my body is able to generate very little Vitamin D on it?s own. I will keep taking it to see if it is a placebo or not. Anyone else had any benefits from taking Vitamin D supplements?

I think it's very possible. The best thing is to make a bloostest.
The africans living in Europe can't produce enough vitamin D. (at the opposite an european with a clear skin can't stay under african sun ).
I always said my Pois didn't suddenly appear but it came gradually. It was as if somthing has been depleted gradually.

Congratulations,  good job joelawerence.
« : December 01, 2016, 04:14:17 PM b_jim »

Taurine = Anti-Pois
Going less Crazy
: 355

« #21 : June 23, 2017, 12:15:53 AM »

My d level is 21.6, however I felt worse with supplementation...can't sleep, anxious,not good (surprise), so I just try and get it naturally now which has no bad effect.

My POIS completely managed with modified Autoimmune Paleo Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O and stimulation = neuro POIS from diverted inflammation from the gut. Can O freely. Current supps: microdosing turmeric, b-complex and cats claw.
Jimmy
: 67

« #22 : June 23, 2017, 04:34:34 AM »

Usually vitamin d supplementation should not give negative side effects, but it consumes magnesium which might induce magnesium deficiency symptoms.

Try vitamin d with 100mg magnesium.
certainlypois2
: 73

« #23 : June 23, 2017, 03:23:42 PM »

My d level is 21.6, however I felt worse with supplementation...can't sleep, anxious,not good (surprise), so I just try and get it naturally now which has no bad effect.
how much are  you using, I get the same symptoms when I used 2000ius vitd3 a day.  I have since drop my dosage to 400ius vitd3 with food, in the morning so it does not affect my sleep. When I was using 50000iu vitd2 a week I didn't get any of those symptoms.
Going less Crazy
: 355

« #24 : June 24, 2017, 08:50:55 AM »

I only used 400 ius.  There is something wrong with my body where I am just super sensitive to vitamins/chemicals.  Never used to be, only when I developed this condition.  So I really think the best way for me to get my vitamins is from food.

My POIS completely managed with modified Autoimmune Paleo Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O and stimulation = neuro POIS from diverted inflammation from the gut. Can O freely. Current supps: microdosing turmeric, b-complex and cats claw.
Limejuice
: 63

« #25 : September 21, 2017, 04:54:51 AM »

My vitamin D results scored 32 with a range of 30 to 100.
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: