Author Topic: Nightmares & POIS  (Read 4790 times)

Jimmy

Nightmares & POIS
« on: September 30, 2017, 10:19:15 PM »
Hi ,

I started experience very bad nightmares while on POIS, usually the second day. I feel this related to low blood flow/ pressure in my brain, I wake up with a feeling that No blood is circulating in my brain which seems something very serious. This is one of the worst symptoms I ever had.

Does anyone of you have similar experience?

What do you suggest?

POISse

Re: Nightmares & POIS
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 09:54:00 AM »
Hi Jimmy,

I do experience nightmares also while on Pois. It is been a long time since I have this symptom and I somehow now live with it. At first it was really difficult to cope with.

Interrestingly the position you sleep (head turn on the left side for me) seems to trigger the nightmares. You can try to check that, I hope it'll help you.

Cheers,

POISse

Going less Crazy

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 09:41:04 PM »
Hi ,

I started experience very bad nightmares while on POIS, usually the second day. I feel this related to low blood flow/ pressure in my brain, I wake up with a feeling that No blood is circulating in my brain which seems something very serious. This is one of the worst symptoms I ever had.

Does anyone of you have similar experience?

What do you suggest?

I think this is most likely inflammation you feel as low blood circulation.

Source: I've experienced something similar.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 09:55:48 PM by Going less Crazy »
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

Investigator

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 02:48:07 PM »
Me too, I had also experienced that as well, especially during the period while I was taking 22mg of zink per day (I don't know if the zink intake had anything to do with this, or just the POIS).

julius

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 05:19:39 PM »
I also have weird dreams when I am on POIS. Normally, I rarely dream about anything. But when on POIS, I always get these strange dreams. I don't want to describe them as nightmares but just as strange dreams that do not make sense.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2018, 09:58:18 PM »
I recall one extremely vivid nightmare that I realized was occurring right after an NE.

2 planets collided.

Sure enough the next 4 days or so were enveloped in a monstrous (“murderous”!) POIS episode/attack.

I’ve not had NE’s for a number of years thanks to...aging. One of the positive benefits of aging :)

10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Hopeoneday

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 04:41:56 PM »
Wery intresting , in pois when i susces remeber my dreaming, always is catastropic for earth, some vawe go tru earth and destroying it. Apocalipsa, the end of the world. Scary
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 05:08:03 PM by Hopeoneday »
Dr-pois.

julius

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2018, 03:36:01 PM »
This is so strange. I can hardly remember the dreams I normally have (or I could say that I don't dream), but when I have POIS I can remember them very well. What could be an explanation for this?

dizzy

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2018, 04:46:26 PM »
I don't have (true) nightmares from POIS. But I've read that B6 and Zinc can increase dream recall. If you are taking them, that could be an issue, [1].

Also, I've noticed that when I wake up from a dream, then I can continue that same dream if I keep sleeping on the same side. If I turn around to the other side, I will get a totally different dream. Might be something to experiment with.

[1] http://searchingsleep.com/zinc-and-b6-affect-dream-recall/

Male, INTJ. POIS symptoms: red eyes, ear-pain, anxiety, speech problems, pale/ugly skin, stiff neck, double chin, tinnitus, light sensitivity. POIS even after stimulation without O.

Simon66

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2018, 04:00:44 PM »
Yes, I sometimes have these and mine are extremely disturbing.

I believe it is caused by intense inflammation as I also wake up with pain in some parts of my body.
Disclaimer: Please research all supplements thoroughly and take them at your own risk. I am not responsible for any adverse reaction you may suffer.

Avoid all Fluoroquinolone antibiotics including Ciprofloxacin, Levaquin and Avelox.

swell

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2019, 10:05:49 PM »
I have had vivid dreams, very scary during childhood and just science fiction/fantasy every day, UNTIL I started taking Adderall 2 yrs back, the dreams suddenly stopped.  Even now if I take a break from Adderall for 4-5 days, I start to again have vivid dreams. 

Does this tell that POIS sufferers are sensitive in nature?
POIS Free, 2+ yrs (occasional/predictive lapses)
Pois symptoms: Peripheral (Skin: Urticaria, dryness, pale blotchy skin), Exasperation of: [Nerve weakness, Muscle weakness + Mental (CNS: Brain Fog, Irritation, Isolation, Speech lethargy, Anxiety)].
Other conditions: ASD, ADD, GA

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2019, 04:35:31 PM »
That’s why I quit Adderall.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business