Author Topic: POIS cure: theory & supplement stack  (Read 18089 times)

Shep

Re: POIS cure: theory & supplement stack
« Reply #150 on: January 09, 2018, 12:07:06 PM »
Thank you Nana!
There is not an understandable malfunction, the intestine, the sinuses have this inflammation, edema. Perhaps something is not assimilated in the intestine. Or it is a hormonal failure, but it would have turned into a familiar disease for so much time or it is a genetic malfunction in the receptors. I do not know.
I hope that the real cause of the occurrence will be found, and it will be curable!

Muon

« Reply #151 on: January 09, 2018, 12:55:48 PM »
I've been tested for IL-6, TNF-alpha and NF-kB multiple times all with normal outcomes.

Nas

« Reply #152 on: January 11, 2018, 03:54:13 AM »
Hello Nanna,
Thanks for the reply,
So yeah I did eventually realize that Benfotiamine is b1 because I mainly thought B1 was thaimine, my bad. And btw, Mine has about 250 benfotiamine and only 10mg thiamine.

1- I haven't checked my D3 levels but at the start I did take about 1000IU daily, I'm brown skinned and I live at a scorching hot area so I do assume low levels.
2- I do try to take them on O days but it still does not give full effect, usually I wait the two days period to gain the full effect.
3- I don't usually eat alot of meat, my daily diet is usually heavy on non-meat; I take eggs/cheese and bread with some tea, lunch is usually rice and broth, I don't eat the meat usually and sometimes my broth is purely vegetarian, and dinner is where I either skip it or eat what ever. I'm afraid that my ability to diet is not so good; I don't live in the most economically rich areas in the world and I don't know how to cook anyways so my food supply still comes from my mom's kitchen unfortunately. Yet I do try to eat healthier ( and greasy food make me sick anyways ).   
4- I can give you a good example of what I'm currently taking:
       Morning: 1- Sam-e 200mg
                     2- Metafolin 200mg ( even though I'm trying to cut it out currently )
                     3- b12 50 mcg
                     4- B6 1/4 of a bite of a 25mg tablet
                     5- Lecithin 1.5 ( even though I just realized that it is fat soluble )
        After meal:
                     1- Omega 3 ( 1060 EPA & 260 DHA )
                     2- Benfotiamine 250mg
                     3- D3 1000IU
5- I also wanted to tell you that I had cut the stack for ~3 days and on Wednesday I was the most energized and social since the entirety of 2017 and cognitively I was much much better. That was very weird for me and that actually made me think about, perhaps cutting the stack usage when I'm 100% ( on the third day ) ? Or it could be just a coincidence, I honestly don't, will be experimenting further. 
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 03:56:09 AM by Nas »

nanna1

« Reply #153 on: January 12, 2018, 06:45:37 PM »
Hi Nas,

That's awesome you are seeing results. Keep listening to your body to see what works best for you. I take around 1800mg omega-3 EPA and 2000IU of D3 per day and on orgasms days I usually take 2 x 200mg of SAM-e (400mg). To save money, I have started taking alphaGPC, SAM-e and B1 only on orgasm days. Cutting the stack when you don't need it sounds like a useful strategy to guard against any tolerance that might develop to SAM-e. Thanks for sharing that part  ;) . B6 should also help prevent tolerance to SAM-e.

I'm cautious about pausing and resuming omega-3 and D3 since they take days to fully build up in the body. So for me, I always take those two supplements.

In a new development on my side, I have started experimenting with tocotrienols which are rare forms of vitamin E. I did a post about it. It just came in two days ago and subjectively today have noticed more creativity and quickness in my thoughts. And also I feel more resilient to stress. Not much worries me. I'm not entirely sure this is due to the tocotrienols since it has only been two days, but my ultimate goal is to replace/eliminate/reduce the three most expensive parts of the stack (SAM-e/alphaGPC/omega-3). This is not something I would suggest others do. I'm more curious to see if I can reduce the number of pills I take (and save some money).

Vandemolen

« Reply #154 on: January 13, 2018, 07:30:33 PM »
I just ordered Nana’s stack. In The Netherlands I can’t buy MuscleTech Omega 4X SX7 Black Onyx 100 softgels. So I have the vitamine D3 and the fish oil sepatertly. I only found fish oil with 504 mg EPA and 378 mg DHA. It’s expensive and a lot of vitamins to take in a day, but let’s give this a try.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 07:34:17 PM by Vandemolen »
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 70% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

certainlypois2

« Reply #155 on: January 13, 2018, 11:14:55 PM »
A pill organizers makes it easier.

nanna1

« Reply #156 on: January 21, 2018, 06:04:36 PM »
certainlypois2, I'm taking two per day. One at breakfast and one at dinner.
what about AGPC is it a total of 1.2g a day or 2.4 g a day.

Hi certainlypois2,

Alpha-GPC is 1.2g per day. 600mg with breakfast and 600mg with dinner. Sorry for the late reply

certainlypois2

« Reply #157 on: January 23, 2018, 02:47:46 PM »
certainlypois2, I'm taking two per day. One at breakfast and one at dinner.
what about AGPC is it a total of 1.2g a day or 2.4 g a day.

Hi certainlypois2,

Alpha-GPC is 1.2g per day. 600mg with breakfast and 600mg with dinner. Sorry for the late reply
no problem, this will save me some money

Rinat

« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2018, 06:57:53 AM »
Hello. In the last week I tried to test each supplement separately, and I came to the conclusion that after taking Benfotiamine (Doctor best), which contains 150 mg of benfotiamine and 12 mg of l-leucine, I feel heartache, severe anxiety and a little fatigue. Could this be because of leucine? (I read in the early post of Quantum that BCAA competes with tryptophan, and tryptophan is very necessary)

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2018, 10:42:28 AM »
Hello. In the last week I tried to test each supplement separately, and I came to the conclusion that after taking Benfotiamine (Doctor best), which contains 150 mg of benfotiamine and 12 mg of l-leucine, I feel heartache, severe anxiety and a little fatigue. Could this be because of leucine? (I read in the early post of Quantum that BCAA competes with tryptophan, and tryptophan is very necessary)

Hi Rinat,

Tryprophan and Leucine, as well  as isoleucine and Valine, use the same transporter, LAT1, in order to cross the blood-brain barrier  ( BBB) and get into the brain.  If there is a surge of leucine in the blood, there will be less place left on the "ferry" for tryptophan (Trp) to make it into the brain.  But, in order to be transformed in serotonin, tryptophan must cross into the brain.  If Trp is prevented to make it into the brain, less serotonin is produced.  This can have an effect on mood and raise anxiety  ( for those who would like a more in-depth explanation, see http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1565.msg14730#msg14730 and http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1235.msg15588#msg15588 )

However, 12 mg of leucine does not sound like a high dose, as daily requirements are said to be around 34 mg per day for an adult ( https://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-1005-branched-chain%20amino%20acids.aspx?activeingredientid=1005&activeingredientname=branched-chain%20amino%20acids ) .  To be sure that these side effects you have are linked to the leucine, you should try to find a Benfotiamine supplement that does not contain leucine, and see if it also cause this side effect for you.   For someone very vulnerable to this effect, a small does could be enough to cause problems.
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Rinat

« Reply #160 on: January 26, 2018, 12:57:19 PM »
  1.thanks for your answer, Quantum.:) I used to take benfotiamine with thiamine, and there were no such symptoms. In addition, another symptom was pain in the upper back, around the neck. But gradually the symptoms go away. The main symptom is pain in the heart, a quick pulse, it scares me, because I think it's dangerous.
    2.I feel good after Sam (good brain work and good mood) .I take it while in a day (so that there is no overdose). But I took it in the evening on the same day with benfotiaminom (Maybe it influenced).The first time I took it without vitamins b, and felt fragility in the bones. But then with vitamin b it was better.
   3.  Also, omega-3 is good for me. My acne almost go away with it, and better mood. But it's expensive for me, so I stopped taking it.
   4.Tmg seemed first good for me. (better ability to talk) But then there was pain in the bones, dull hair and weight loss.
   5. I still take Vitamin d3, it seems good :)
   What can you advise from acne?) ???

Rinat

« Reply #161 on: January 26, 2018, 12:59:15 PM »
Will vitamin E help with acne?(if omega helped)?

swell

« Reply #162 on: January 26, 2018, 02:36:09 PM »
Hello everyone, very interested to know what works for others here am going to read through here.  I try various vitamins to treat my pois, going to list below as you may can tell me what may causing me issue.  Recently I notice my face puffing up, skin on cheeks hardening up, and just something inside trapped within skin and surface showing some uneven patches.  Like even when I move my fingers across face I can tell there is even different sensation to skin and it feels wood like, though wife says it not too obvious.  Yesterday I stop L-Citrulline to see if it may be causing it though still cannot figure out. You think my current symptom is allergy?     
Benfotiamine 150mg, Alpha Lipoic Acid 300mg, Asgwaghandha Root powder 1200mg with 5mg Black Pepper, L-Citrulline 750mg, L-Lysine 500mg

Vandemolen

« Reply #163 on: January 26, 2018, 08:16:20 PM »
Will vitamin E help with acne?(if omega helped)?
I don’t think mature POIS-patients have acne. I think we have Pityrosporum folliculitis. Chevk this topic:
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2612.msg22755#msg22755
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 70% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #164 on: January 27, 2018, 09:41:11 AM »
Hello everyone, very interested to know what works for others here am going to read through here.  I try various vitamins to treat my pois, going to list below as you may can tell me what may causing me issue.  Recently I notice my face puffing up, skin on cheeks hardening up, and just something inside trapped within skin and surface showing some uneven patches.  Like even when I move my fingers across face I can tell there is even different sensation to skin and it feels wood like, though wife says it not too obvious.  Yesterday I stop L-Citrulline to see if it may be causing it though still cannot figure out. You think my current symptom is allergy?     
Benfotiamine 150mg, Alpha Lipoic Acid 300mg, Asgwaghandha Root powder 1200mg with 5mg Black Pepper, L-Citrulline 750mg, L-Lysine 500mg

Hi Swell, and welcome on the forum.

I cannot tell which one of your supplements is causing this skin reaction, but if try to eliminate them one at a time, you should be able to identify which one is the culprit.
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259