Author Topic: Do you clench your pelvic floor (kegels) involuntarily?  (Read 4368 times)

Limitbreaker

Do you clench your pelvic floor (kegels) involuntarily?
« on: May 27, 2017, 12:42:00 PM »
This is a quote from my post in another thread:

I clench my pelvic floor often during sex and I have zero control over it, this hurts the endurance and fun. The "very serious" part of my case is that instead of spontaneous erections (which were gone for a long time until very recently) I sometimes get spontaneous serie of kegel muscle spasms, very strong and completely uncontrollable. There should be another thread for that, I wonder if anyone else has this. This starts even before I get an erection, continues for a couple minutes, then subsides spontaneously. I always try to relax myself when I notice it.

I'm mentioning this because these kinda "random" spasms, from what I've read and understood of medicine studies, can actually send signals to the body and the brain, doing who knows what. I think restoring my kegel floor balance by doing reverse kegels (the "pushing"/"relaxing" kegels) could help my POIS.

http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2475.msg21200#msg21200

I have this problem because I've taught my body to do this. I used to abuse stimulant drugs. When high, I'd clench my kegel muscles repetively in order to gain pleasure. This past history has a bad effect because not only my pelvic floor is unbalanced: the "clenching kegels" are much stronger than the "pushing"/"relaxing" kegels, but also I have this case of doing this involuntarily, and also my pelvic floor is very tense in day-to-day life.

As quoted, clenching very strongly like I do without control can lead to sending signals to the body and the brain. Same as when your body is tense, your mind becomes tense and thinks you're under stress. However this PC clenching can have a direct physical effect on the prostate, which can also send signals... I don't know what kind of signals, but they're surely not healthy in quantity that I do without my consent. When I walk, everything's clenched there.

I aim right now to take notice when this happens and relax the PC floor, but when the involuntary spasms begin I can do nothing. Yet. Reverse kegels will help, or at least guide me what to try out next.

How's your crotch muscles? Are they tense thorough the day?

paradoxx

Re: Do you clench your pelvic floor (kegels) involuntarily?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 06:21:31 PM »
Mine are also tense, mostly in the first days of the POIS cycle, for example right now (on day 3) they feel strained/pulled. Sometimes they spasm during and cramp directly after ejaculation which can be quite painful. I wanted to try reverse kegel excercises before but forgot, good thing you brought it up.

Limitbreaker

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 07:53:22 AM »
Spasms directly before, during and directly after ejaculation are normal though. Is pain in the muscles? Sometimes with a strong orgasm I get pain in the uretha, a very distinctive kind of pain. Could be just that this place is so sensitive, though.

paradoxx

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 12:34:39 PM »
Yes there is pain in the muscles, like I said often after ejaculation but also sometimes after visual stimulation only, rarerly though its really distinctive. I just looked at an anatomy picture of the pelvic floor and i think it might be the muscle called Ischiocavernosus which often feels strained. Maybe it is muscle inflammation that leads to these sensations? I think my whole urogenital system is inflamed usually between day 2 and 5 of the cycle. 

Limitbreaker

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 01:00:47 AM »
Regardless whether it is because the muscles are inflammed or we have little control over these muscles, gaining some of that control though PC kegels could possibly attenuate symptoms. Even if not, it'll help with premature ejaculation for sure, in my opinion there is never enough control over ejaculation.

Also, the cause-symptom correlation in the body and in the whole life to be honest is never single-way. So for example if a muscle is tense because of inflammation, one can reduce inflammation by relaxing the muscle. The same principle applies to depression (after all, the medications are trying to heal the symptoms, not the cause), anxiety (relax your body when stressed and you'll also feel mind relief), et cetera. You get the point ;)