Author Topic: What do you guys think, is effectiveness of relief methods connected with age?  (Read 2514 times)

Spartak

I am askinbecause I notticed that few 50+ yrs old memeber have found good relief methods, but if we suspect that POIS is auto-immune problem, could younger person due stronger imunne system be more vulnerable?
Also I am curious is here any younger members that are Pois free now?
no sugar diet helps me a tiny bit, also makes my mind much calmer in general. Sugar is definitely something my body does not handle well. Also I noticed that other inflammations like a hangover are better since I quit sugar. I avoid sweet fruits as well.

Quantum

• Administrator
Hi Spartak,

Those questions are worth asking, but it would take a study on its own to see the influence of age vs severity of POIS. 

In auto-immune diseases in general, there is no clear patterns relating age of onset vs severity  ( see https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ad/2012/251730/ ).   But in more severe auto-immune diseases like multiple sclerosis, diabetes, or rheumatoid arthritis, it is clear that you become more and more debilitated as the years go by, because they progressively destroy more and more functions in the body.  That's not really the case on POIS, although it can take a heavier toll on the psyche and cause a secondary depression as years go by.

I may suggest other reasons here to explain why it seems that we have more members here over 50 that have found an effective relief method:

- we have sex less often, so it is easier to keep symptoms at bay.   ( in my own case, if I wouls ejaculate 1 or twice every week, let alone 3 times a week, my method wouldn't work anymore)

- we have been searching for relief for a longer time....  in my case, my overall control method has been developed in over 38 yeas of POIS, now.,,...

- Older members tend to stay active on the forum despite having less trouble with POIS in their life.   Younger members tend to come back one or twice to share their good results, and than go on with their busy life.   When in late 20s, or in your 30s or early 40s, you are sure very busy in life, with work, a new house maybe, a relationship maybe, and even young kids.   You may come to poiscenter once in a few months, or maybe not at all, or maybe only if symptoms return.  I have at least 2 or 3 cases that comes to mind, and there may be more.

Well, not sure if this explains it all, or is really how it happens.  At least, I am sure that my first point - less sexual activity - is no doubt a factor, because we know that POIS symptoms are cumulative, and the more you abstain, the better you feel, and the easier it is to stay symptoms-free.

What do you think ?
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259