Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (P.O.I.S.)
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2017, 04:01:12 AM

:    
Welcome to POISCenter!
18685 1519 582
: Alpha_Beta
+  Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (P.O.I.S.)
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Discussion/Communication Research
| | |-+  Vagus Nerve Devices & Technology Advances
« previous next »
: [1]
: Vagus Nerve Devices & Technology Advances  ( 1756 )
COLM_2
Global Moderator
: 73

« : November 24, 2016, 06:16:07 AM »

Hello Gentlemen,

INTERESTING: Vagus Nerve Stimulation Content & Technology Advances – 2017-2022.

Video to Share with POIS forum.

For those of you who are interested in learning a bit more about the Vagus Nerve stimulation possibilities for restoring balance, healing and health for chronic POIS sufferers, I thought you might have some interest in what I have collated here recently.

Obviously this is the area of focus for our current research.

It is an area I have been experimenting with and experiencing some good results with VNS stimulation of late. I will update here later, having shared with the other admins and when I think I am sitting on more solid ground with experimentation.

The Video.
Firstly, I came across an interesting and credible documentary piece recently broadcast from the BBC. Unfortunately it will be protected content in many parts of the world through licensing. However, I took a basic video of the 10 minute piece that explains advances in Vagus Nerve technologies. Am sure Rutgers are aware of these things, but just to highlight again that potential for these developments for many with chronic illnesses in the next decade.

This sits in the area of healing rather than drug therapies to treat symptoms, healing being the area I am somewhat more enthused about although am fully appreciative of the benefits that symptom reduction offers, many of which are shared here with great intent.

Please note, as this is a video of a video, you will most likely require a set of headphones or good speakers to hear the presenter describe the developments.
Here is the link I have taken some time to upload (note it takes about 20 seconds to get going) and hopefully it will not be deleted for breaches of copyright. Am not sharing for any gain, so hopefully OK.  If it is, PM me, and I will explain how to get access.

Enjoy the video!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x53c2js_vns-stimulation-technology-developments_school

Another interesting recent article on VNS ... From USA TODAY:
“Biolectronics tries to shock patients out of drug habits…Why Google, GlaxoSmithKline and others are tapping the vagus nerve. “

http://usat.ly/2ekpjwg

Regards,
Colm

Formerly user COLM (previous username accidentally deleted). Few decades with POIS.
demografx
Administrator
: 3021

« #1 : November 24, 2016, 02:22:24 PM »

Thank you, COLM!!
« : November 25, 2016, 11:52:00 PM demografx »

Usually have major POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks associated with it.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business.
COLM_2
Global Moderator

« #2 : November 26, 2016, 08:32:41 AM »

Ok Demo,

More on the study by Dr. Kevin Tracey from the Feinstein Institute for Medical Research in New York whose study is focused on in the video linked above. The area of Bioelectonics looks like it may bring some breakthroughs with chronic conditions over the coming years, as they work out where in the body to target with stimulation through the nervous system, courtesy of the Vagus nerve.

http://www.feinsteininstitute.org/2016/07/breakthrough-first-human-study-shows-vagus-nerve-stimulation-significantly-reduces-rheumatoid-arthritis-symptoms-inhibits-cytokine-production/

Regards,
Colm
« : November 26, 2016, 08:35:27 AM COLM_2 »

Formerly user COLM (previous username accidentally deleted). Few decades with POIS.
demografx
Administrator

« #3 : March 03, 2017, 12:41:47 AM »

I will report soon here...on a six month VNS experiment I personally engaged with and invested in, and some positive results on further symptom reduction.

Teriffic, COLM!!!

Usually have major POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks associated with it.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business.
COLM_2
Global Moderator

« #4 : April 01, 2017, 06:04:01 PM »

Dr. Komisaruk pulled the POIS project. Hugely disappointing for so many here, but Demo & Quantum have explained the reasons and perhaps it kills the VNS research.

No. You just brought it back to life.

« : May 05, 2017, 07:09:37 AM demografx »

Quantum
Administrator
: 800

« #5 : April 01, 2017, 09:09:24 PM »

Colm, thank you very much for this thorough report of your 6 months experiment with Vagal Nerve Stimulation.

I am very happy to hear that you have significant benefits.

I also would like to highlight your perseverance.  You went on with your testing, even if the use of the device wasn't easy to get used to, and even if it took a long time before noticing any results.

Thanks for taking the time to share this on the forum!

You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259
FloppyBanana
: 336

« #6 : April 02, 2017, 01:57:15 PM »

Can the participants that used the NEMOS now share their experiences of using it? Or is it they didn't even get as far as using it?

I got one of those Nervanas. They are so basic in its function though. The vagus nerve has 100K fibres and each requires stimulation at its own frequency. Stimulating the whole range possible is most likely overkill.
FB

27 years of POIS. Mytelase prior to O is effective at reducing POIS for me, along with Benadryl and progesterone post O
demografx
Administrator

« #7 : April 03, 2017, 12:18:03 PM »

100,000 fibres!

Hoping
: 88

« #8 : April 14, 2017, 06:13:57 PM »

Thanks for the update Colm! I too am thinking of getting some sort of VNS device, though they're pretty hard to come by in the US. FB raises a good point. I'd love to hear from the POISers who participated in Dr. K's study. Since the study isn't moving forward, I see no reason they can't share their experiences with the forum. It's my understanding that participants did in fact use a VNS device. Demo- do you know off the top of your head which forum members participated? Have any of them spoken up since we got the bad news from Dr. K?

Experienced POIS since 2002.
My symptoms include: brain fog, depression, physical and mental fatigue, memory problems, social anxiety, concentration problems, myalgia, inflammation.
demografx
Administrator

« #9 : May 04, 2017, 10:36:10 PM »

None have come forward and spoken up, yet, Hoping :(

« : May 05, 2017, 06:50:26 AM demografx »

Habibou
Lab1
: 258

« #10 : May 13, 2017, 04:02:36 PM »

That would be very helpful to get some feedback so we can try to explore this on our own !

Colm, could you please remind us how you got the VNS device and how you got to know how to use it, please? :)

Brain fog 90%  + tired all the time ,sport intolerance, fast heartbeat, colon inflammation
tirasoft
: 8

« #11 : October 01, 2017, 04:01:14 AM »

Here is a BBC podcast about Vagus Nerve stimulation researches done by various medical researchers

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3WKgio4JDNOQjlTQVhEYjhWdE0
COLM_2
Global Moderator

« #12 : October 04, 2017, 12:58:55 AM »

Great podcast Tirasoft, thanks for posting. It is very exciting the potential developments and possibilities for the future of chronic illness, beyond medications.

demografx
Administrator

« #13 : October 04, 2017, 10:25:57 PM »

Thank you, COLM and tirasoft. We paid dearly to explore tVNS so it’s great to see the subject is alive & well! :)
« : October 06, 2017, 09:36:02 PM demografx »

: [1]  
« previous next »
: