Author Topic: New video on YouTube about POIS  (Read 5099 times)

Jimmy

New video on YouTube about POIS
« on: June 17, 2016, 05:04:23 PM »
Hi,

Here is the link of a new video posted on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/tv1HamMxCxA

« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 08:02:38 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: New video on YouTube about POIS
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 05:21:42 PM »
Thank you, Jimmy.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 11:57:57 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 03:59:15 PM »
Hi,

Here is the link of a new video posted on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/tv1HamMxCxA

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for letting us know about this video.

Unfortunately, Dr Vasan speaks in very general terms, and I was expectin to hear much more that what he says, so the video would not sound as a marketing teaser.  Also, Dr Vasan makes some affirmations that sounds suspicious to me , like POIS is caused by excess production of catecholamine ( no study backs this affirmation, obviously, not even a case report ), and that there are available treatments for it ( again, not based on anything published).  He also states that there are a lot of research going about POIS, which is not the case.

In the graphic presented in the video, based on his hypothesis that POIS is caused by an excess release of catecholamines  ( adrenaline, dopamine,...), you see at the bottom of the graphic one of the direct, logic consequence of this hypothesis, which should be high blood pressure.... but this is not a common feature among POIS sufferers, and, I, and I am not alone, suffer from severe HYPOTENSION, when in POIS, so the exact opposite of what Dr Vasan states. At best, his theory could apply to some sub-type of POIS, but surely not to mine.

I have checked Pubmed for any publication of him on anything related to POIS, and he has not write anything related to our syndrome.  The 11 articles returned for "Vasan SS" do prove that this Dr Vasan really exists, but he has published on urologic subjects totally unrelated to POIS.   If he has gathered clinical data, he may publish one day, hopefully.  At the least, he may have read Dr Waldinger papers, because he uses the Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome the Dr W has created.

I have sent an e-mail to Dr Vasan, through an inquiry link on a clinic website he is part of, asking what treatment he was referring to in his youtube video. If I receive an answer, be sure I will share it here.

You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Jimmy

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 07:38:40 PM »
Thank you very much Quantum for your review.

I felt the same also. That there is no much adde value from the information mentioned in the video, but having someone new talking about pois could be considered as a positive sign.

b_jim

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 03:16:59 PM »
I am agree with Dr Vasan that catecholamines are a possible cause of Pois explanation. It is always  possible there are 2 different Pois form with a local inflammaory cause as Quantum think.

I just want to ass that semen is rich in catecolamines.
And a possible role of Gaba is involved explaining the 2 steps in the disease we often described.

Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Spartak

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 06:31:22 PM »
I don't know what to think,maybe there might be some connection in my case with a bit higher(still in border zone) blood preasure,but I belive that it is probably connceted with stress that I feel because of POIS.

Is it possible that in his country (India ) they've done some research and found tratment or he is more likely he is just charlatan?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 06:56:17 PM by Spartak »
no sugar diet helps me a tiny bit, also makes my mind much calmer in general. Sugar is definitely something my body does not handle well. Also I noticed that other inflammations like a hangover are better since I quit sugar. I avoid sweet fruits as well.

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 06:51:42 AM »
I have sent an e-mail to Dr Vasan, through an inquiry link on a clinic website he is part of, asking what treatment he was referring to in his youtube video. If I receive an answer, be sure I will share it here.

Unfortunately, I did not receive any answer from Dr Vasan.  After over 2 weeks, I doubt I would receive one later.
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259