Author Topic: Diet that 100% manages my POIS! (Changed from:Diet that CURED my POIS!)  (Read 121370 times)

Going less Crazy

Re: Diet that CURED my POIS!
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2017, 04:48:45 PM »
 Ehh.  For me OLE was a symptom reliever, but I could not take it every day as it made me feel a bit sickly and down mentally.  I could take it about once a week.  But it only relieved me for the time it was in my system, and even than it wasn't a 100% symptom reliever.  Sometimes it may or may not have completely worked.  I get way more relief with diet and I don't have to take anything for pois.  And I can have sex as many times as I want really.  As long as I stick to my diet.  It did relived some 24/7 symptoms of fog and such but even than I knew it wasn't addressing the real problem.
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

sameer7777

• pls send what ever working pls thankyou
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2017, 07:52:31 AM »
Pls tell me what diet you taking pls help any medicine you taking pls help Thankyou
pls don't expose me.
AFTER SEX/MASTERBATION (FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS)
1)BACK NECK PAIN GOES TO DOWN SPINE
2)NERVES LIKE SQUEEZED OUT
3)MORNING FEET NERVES PAIN
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION
7)HIGH SUGAR LEVELS (TRIED INSULIN FOR 1 YEAR MAKE ME MORE SICK

Going less Crazy

« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2017, 12:17:22 PM »
My diet is on the first post.  Currently my diet mostly consists of ground beef and chicken, lots of black and red kidney beans, gf diced tomatoes and tomato sauce, lots of sweet potatoes, olive oil, pears, apples, anything grain and dairy free that is healthy.  Limit sugar though I seem to be able to tolerate it more.

The only thing I take every morning is 1/4 teaspoon of organic virgin coconut oil.  I'm trying to maintain this dose and increase it once I maintain it for a while.  I did take coconut oil before but took too much in the beginning and felt a little weird, but now maintaining at quarter teaspoon and feel much better.  It helps with inflammation, sibo and all that.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 12:21:02 PM by Going less Crazy »
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

sameer7777

« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2017, 05:17:26 AM »
 Good information Thankyou patato OK???
pls don't expose me.
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2017, 09:53:29 AM »
I saw a urologist this morning. He was of course unfamiliar with POIS, I tried my best to explain it to him. He was kind enough to listen and examin me. I did a urine and blood sample. Will have to wait to see if anything comes back strange. But he prescribed me antibiotics. I'm picking them up from the pharmacy right now. I'm really hesitant to start taking them while I'm trying AIP diet. Because I know that with this diet antibiotics are a big NO NO. I explained all this to the urologist. He obviously recommended the antibiotics because he says I haven't tried any meds yet.
I'm planning on seeing a naturopath that I found in a few weeks. I feel like she's most definitely going to tell me to stay away from antibiotics. So I'm torn. I have no idea what to do :(

Maybe get a 2nd opinion from another urologist? Before you do, maybe send over (fax or email or snail mail) some info on POIS to see that he is comfortable with your rare disorder --

Example to send over to your 2nd urologist:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postorgasmic_illness_syndrome

ps - I didn't have much luck with my big-city urologists.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 10:04:02 AM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

sameer7777

« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2017, 10:12:51 AM »
Hi he prescribed antibiotics for what and what is the name of the antibiotics pls tell????
pls don't expose me.
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2017, 03:13:29 PM »
Sameer, I'm just curious why you want to know which antibiotic was prescribed? (It just might have been a bad idea...?)

10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

sameer7777

« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2017, 03:16:53 PM »
I am just curious once doctor prescribed me augmentum but it did nothing.....
pls don't expose me.
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION

Going less Crazy

« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2017, 05:38:26 PM »
Be careful with the antibiotics, took them for a month and they really set me back.  I had pain for about a month and a half after I took a months worth of antibiotics and I had to fast for 3 days and that finally relieved my pain problem.  Now I'm back to where I was before.

Neutral

Re: Diet that 100% manages my POIS! (Changed from:Diet that CURED my POIS!)
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2017, 11:03:37 PM »
So the organic fermented sauerkrout I ordered finally came in. I'm stoked. But I have no idea what to do with it haha. Do I refrigerate it or not? And how much and how often should I eat it? I also bought some goats milk kefir. Not sure how much and often of that either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Going less Crazy

« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2017, 01:30:57 AM »
Yes you should definitely refrigerate it but look it up just to make sure.  My own experience with it is that I take a good spoonful or so just once a week, but this is mainly because I'm really sensitive to anything I put in my body.  Probiotics tend to make me feel a little uncomfortably sped up and brain fogged.  I believe this is because it gets through my gut pretty easily, where it is supposed to stay.  So I find once a week optimal for me right now but you may get away with more or less depending on how you feel after taking it.  So it's really up to you.  Good luck.

VictorHugo

Thank you going less crazy for the email. I encountered your email about a month and a half back and now I am a big proponent of the Auto Immune Protocol (AIP). I hadn't heard about it. I am feeling more energetic and feel less fearful of an orgasm either in my sleep (night fall), or if I feel a need to mastrubate to relax myself.

Weather or not it has relieved my POIS symptoms is hard to say. I am going to start some highly recommended food (highly nutrient dense food) in the AIP such as bone broth and organ meat, which, I belive will be beneficial, if not in curing the POIS then my general health.

Since the leading hypothesis about POIS is that it is an auto immune disease, and the AIP diet reverses auto immune disease, it does not make sense to me that it will not cure POIS unless POIS is not an auto immune condition.

Going less Crazy

Thank you going less crazy for the email. I encountered your email about a month and a half back and now I am a big proponent of the Auto Immune Protocol (AIP). I hadn't heard about it. I am feeling more energetic and feel less fearful of an orgasm either in my sleep (night fall), or if I feel a need to mastrubate to relax myself.

Weather or not it has relieved my POIS symptoms is hard to say. I am going to start some highly recommended food (highly nutrient dense food) in the AIP such as bone broth and organ meat, which, I belive will be beneficial, if not in curing the POIS then my general health.

Since the leading hypothesis about POIS is that it is an auto immune disease, and the AIP diet reverses auto immune disease, it does not make sense to me that it will not cure POIS unless POIS is not an auto immune condition.

Your welcome, don't really remember sending anything but okay lol, and that's good to hear you are doing better on it.  I'm not 100% AIP, as in I do eat a lot of beans and some sugary dressings, etc.  I'll eat a bag of swedish fish on Friday nights sometimes, you know.  I think your not really supposed to be 100% AIP for more than a couple months because it is hard to get calories.  I think AIP is mainly used to figure out what foods you have problems with, but if you have enough food to eat than that's good.  I neeeeed beans though because they are cheap calories and fill me up.  I preach yams and beans so much here.  I'm hoping the diet will relieve your pois symptoms.

Be careful with the bone broth, if it is true gelatinous bone broth.  At times it would make me feel Ill/nauseous.  There is something in it that does that and I can't think on the top of my head what it exactly is.  I don't do bone broth any more.  But your body, your reaction.

Not sure if cure is the right word but it definitely puts autoimmune issues in remission.  Not saying it's impossible to be cured by aip but id say highly unlikely.  However my symptoms now revolve around food only, and not orgasm.  I can't remember my last POIS episode having to do with orgasm, however I have felt POIS due to eating something unusual or that I am testing and react to.  So pois has improved in that respect.

So my POIS was probably just food reactions and than orgasm would completely throw me over the edge and dismantle my well being.  POISers who never reach 100% even after refraining for weeks without orgasm probably have something else as the root cause, like this problem.

Good luck
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 06:24:55 AM by Going less Crazy »

bbd2501

« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2017, 06:32:27 AM »
Thanks GLC for sharing. I tried the AIP diet a few months ago. After about 12 days, I could O without any symptoms! Then I started eating normal again and symptoms came back. I am now back on the diet and things are getting better.

I have done a lot of research on food sensitivities as they relate to auto immunity and I can tell you that if your problem is auto immune in nature you should be avoiding LECTINS at all cost.

Note that gluten is  a type of lectin but their are several other foods you must avoid (like the nightshades vegetable for instance, beans and nuts as those are super high in lectins)

If you want to know more, look up Dr Steven Gundry on YouTube. He has a book called the PLANT PARADOX which helps tremendously.

As Hippocrates said, "ALL DISEASE BEGINS IN THE GUT"

Going less Crazy

« Reply #94 on: August 10, 2017, 11:49:36 PM »
That's great you are having success bbd.  However I believe my problem to be celiac disease.  I do eat beans and I actually avoid them for 3 days when I have been glutened, or eat a food I'm sensitive to, since they are one of the foods that are more difficult to digest.

Celiac only affects your body when you have eaten "gluten", otherwise eating lectins in beans and such should be like a normal person handles it.  I personally do best on a low carb diet but I do need the carbs in beans and sweet potatoes. 

For an AI disease like celiac it would be nonsense to avoid lectins that you can tolerate.  Maybe for some other AI disease like MS it would be wise to avoid lectins, but not for this problem.  That is my personal opinion.  If you can tolerate and feel good eating something, than eat it!

-GLC

caveeater

« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2017, 06:38:15 AM »

Your welcome, don't really remember sending anything but okay lol, and that's good to hear you are doing better on it.  I'm not 100% AIP, as in I do eat a lot of beans and some sugary dressings, etc.  I'll eat a bag of swedish fish on Friday nights sometimes, you know.  I think your not really supposed to be 100% AIP for more than a couple months because it is hard to get calories.  I think AIP is mainly used to figure out what foods you have problems with, but if you have enough food to eat than that's good.  I neeeeed beans though because they are cheap calories and fill me up.  I preach yams and beans so much here.  I'm hoping the diet will relieve your pois symptoms.

Be careful with the bone broth, if it is true gelatinous bone broth.  At times it would make me feel Ill/nauseous.  There is something in it that does that and I can't think on the top of my head what it exactly is.  I don't do bone broth any more.  But your body, your reaction.

Not sure if cure is the right word but it definitely puts autoimmune issues in remission.  Not saying it's impossible to be cured by aip but id say highly unlikely.  However my symptoms now revolve around food only, and not orgasm.  I can't remember my last POIS episode having to do with orgasm, however I have felt POIS due to eating something unusual or that I am testing and react to.  So pois has improved in that respect.

So my POIS was probably just food reactions and than orgasm would completely throw me over the edge and dismantle my well being.  POISers who never reach 100% even after refraining for weeks without orgasm probably have something else as the root cause, like this problem.

Good luck

Ive found this to be true for myself. I follow an AIPish diet, I avoid grains, dairy, eggs, night shades...most things except cacao and occasionally spices. I feel a lot lot better, and my POIS brainfog is improved. I've noticed my food reactions tend to get worse when in POIS, but they're always there under the surface. I suspect I may have Candida...had to give up fruits for the time being.

I have histamine intolerance so, for me it's just another part of the puzzle that fits in with POIS. Orgasm causes histamine release...my body has trouble processing histamine on a genetic level (DAO enzyme deficiency).

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2017, 03:22:35 PM »

Ive found this to be true for myself. I follow an AIPish diet, I avoid grains, dairy, eggs, night shades...most things except cacao and occasionally spices. I feel a lot lot better, and my POIS brainfog is improved. I've noticed my food reactions tend to get worse when in POIS, but they're always there under the surface. I suspect I may have Candida...had to give up fruits for the time being.

I have histamine intolerance so, for me it's just another part of the puzzle that fits in with POIS. Orgasm causes histamine release...my body has trouble processing histamine on a genetic level (DAO enzyme deficiency).

Hi caveeater,

Have you tried quercetin , and vitamin C, for your histamine issues, and if so, what results did you get ?

Have you tried DAO supplements ? 
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

caveeater

« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2017, 11:06:56 AM »

Hi caveeater,

Have you tried quercetin , and vitamin C, for your histamine issues, and if so, what results did you get ?

Have you tried DAO supplements ?

Yes, I found vitamin C helped somewhat, and Quercetin also helps depending on the type I use. I've found Neuroprotek to be the best, although its expensive.

I haven't had much luck with DAO supplements (and it seems neither do many people with histamine issues). They contain pork which is ironically an allergen in itself for some people. Hopefully one day they'll bring out some sort of DAO increasing probiotic suppement.
I've also found that Curcumin, although a good supplement, reduces DAO levels so I have to be very careful of taking it. Alcohol also reduces DAO levels.

I also take Cromolyn, a mast cell stabilizer. It helps with food based histamine reactions (which are always more noticeable when in a POIS episode).
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 11:09:03 AM by caveeater »

Jimmy

« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2017, 10:00:40 AM »
Hi GLC

Did you have gluten withdrawal symptoms when you started the diet ? I removed gluten for almost 3 days & I feel awful ( fatigue, depression and acute diarrhea).

Unfortunately, I have to stop it for now as I have tight work schedule  :'(

Thank you

Going less Crazy

« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2017, 02:38:57 PM »
Hi GLC

Did you have gluten withdrawal symptoms when you started the diet ? I removed gluten for almost 3 days & I feel awful ( fatigue, depression and acute diarrhea).

Unfortunately, I have to stop it for now as I have tight work schedule  :'(

Thank you

You might need to add more carbs.  I did go through some weird thing but I think it was because I wasn't getting enough carbs.  Goya black beans and yams/sweet potatoes help.