Author Topic: wiped.  (Read 68217 times)

misread

Re: My cure for POIS, OR: Why I had it completely backwards.
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2012, 02:57:45 PM »
cornelius, i absolutely agree with your theory..i recently discovered that my POIS is just a part of my underlying depression/add. when you are already depressed you react differently to an orgasm than mental healthy people..for depressed people or add people every dopaminergic disturbance can cause horrible symptoms like anxiety, cognitive problems, fatigue, brain fog..

so why do we get better with abstinence? it is logical..abstinence has a strong antidepressant effect because it increases dopamine. (interesting in add case)
why do we get better with garlic? because garlic has also strong antidepressant action (anti-inflammatory, mao-inhibition, directly increases neurotransmitter..)
i do not know if fenugreek also affects the dopaminergic system..it could be possible because it affects libido.

i believe that POIS has something to do with the dopaminergic system..all symptoms are the symptoms of acute dopamine depletion.

i think our symptoms not worsen by an orgasm..rather our symptoms improve by avoiding an orgasm.

we should at least should verify if we have something like add..
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 03:09:21 PM by misread »

Habibou

• Lab1
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2012, 05:39:04 PM »
I totally agree with you guys about Dopamine depletion !!! I checked mine and it was very low... but now I am in CFS (or intense depression) so I am quite sure cornelius experience sounds exactly like mine ! I started to be in depression when POIS arrived for me.

Cornelius, did you check your dopamine level?
Brain fog 90%  + tired all the time ,sport intolerance, fast heartbeat, colon inflammation

sameer7777

• pls send what ever working pls thankyou
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2012, 05:19:43 PM »
I totally agree with you guys about Dopamine depletion !!! I checked mine and it was very low... but now I am in CFS (or intense depression) so I am quite sure cornelius experience sounds exactly like mine ! I started to be in depression when POIS arrived for me.

Cornelius, did you check your dopamine level?

how to check dopamine level ??? is it a blood test ?????????
if we all are in depression or cornelius is in what type of anti depression we should take ???????????
pls don't expose me.
AFTER SEX/MASTERBATION (FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS)
1)BACK NECK PAIN GOES TO DOWN SPINE
2)NERVES LIKE SQUEEZED OUT
3)MORNING FEET NERVES PAIN
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION
7)HIGH SUGAR LEVELS (TRIED INSULIN FOR 1 YEAR MAKE ME MORE SICK

superasn

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2012, 04:03:25 AM »

how to check dopamine level ??? is it a blood test ?????????
if we all are in depression or cornelius is in what type of anti depression we should take ???????????

Instructions

1. Make an appointment for a catecholamines test. Your doctor may draw the blood for these tests on site or he may refer you to another lab.

2. Prepare for the blood test. Stress, exercise and certain foods and medications can interfere with your test results. Your doctor or the lab will let you know what activities, foods and medications to avoid and for how long before your test.

3. Take the test and get the results. Dopamine is linked to epinephrine and the level of epinephrine in the blood is taken as an indication of dopamine measurements. The target number is 20 nanograms per milliliter. Given the varied role dopamine plays in your body, an abnormal test does not clearly correspond to any one specific condition. Your doctor will work with you to develop next steps based on your other symptoms.

Source: http://www.ehow.com/how_5766116_measure-dopamine.html
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 04:06:21 AM by superasn »

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2012, 08:54:54 AM »
Just making a run through this thread again after quite a while, and wanted to say that there are undoubtedly a handful of us who for one reason or another came to believe they had POIS, when actually their problem was elsewhere based. This is not surprising, symptoms and mechanisms can become so intertwined.

I am glad if we can somehow sort out the knots and find a solution, whatever that solution may be. But as usual, a cure for one likely won't be a cure for all.

For some reason the medical community finds it easier to believe that we are all psychosomatic. I understand that the whole pyscho-neurological cycle is very complex, and that part of the phenomena is that the affected doesn't realize his condition. As such, it is wonderful to see some of you finding relief.

Unfortunately, we will not know the truth until we do our research. Without our research we will always have the doubt. Those here who have found relief, cannot promise us that their treatment will save us, just as I cannot promise that my treatment will save them.

So for now, we accept whatever helps us. You can try niacin, or fenugreek or mindfullness or antidepressive drugs. Sigh, maybe one will work!

Only the cure will give us peace in the end.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2012, 09:27:53 AM »
Dave, truer words were never spoken! Thank you!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Osssoh

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2012, 08:26:28 AM »
And I guess THAT's why I say that research is so important. To give us a real direction, a real definition so we can stop chasing our tail.

We can do what ever we want while the finding for research is in progress and the research finally comes through. But the problem is that once we distract ourselves from the main goal, getting the research, we put the research on the back burner HOPING that we will find something ourselves. We don't focus on the funding, and try to look for temp solutions meantime, we focus on temp soutions full time, and MAYBE think about funding meantime. If something we think that has promise comes along we dump the funding. So in the whole process, the funding takes second and third place when it should take first and second.

Aaargh!

Who is conducting the research on POIS actually? 
Where is The info Research?
Who of you are participating in it?
What are you dane by now ?

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2012, 08:54:51 AM »
And I guess THAT's why I say that research is so important. To give us a real direction, a real definition so we can stop chasing our tail.

We can do what ever we want while the finding for research is in progress and the research finally comes through. But the problem is that once we distract ourselves from the main goal, getting the research, we put the research on the back burner HOPING that we will find something ourselves. We don't focus on the funding, and try to look for temp solutions meantime, we focus on temp soutions full time, and MAYBE think about funding meantime. If something we think that has promise comes along we dump the funding. So in the whole process, the funding takes second and third place when it should take first and second.

Aaargh!

Who is conducting the research on POIS actually? 
Where is The info Research?
Who of you are participating in it?
What are you dane by now ?

Start by reading what we have here.
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=125.msg1065#msg1065

The research will be professionally directed, by people who know rare Disorders. Check out the NORD links. (National Organization for Rare Disorders)

From information on our forums, the advisers will likely get hints as t where to start, But they've seen it all and specialize in the direction of rare disease research

Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.

gondal4

« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2012, 11:02:05 AM »
from last few times i dont get brain fog or other symptoms now just abdomen gets severrly weak and i could not travel in car as i feel sommething from my abdomen will ,it becomes so weak and idont know how to explain

asdfdoc

« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2013, 12:55:15 PM »
cool, what about bipolar?

nenexx

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2013, 05:33:29 PM »
Then everyone with depression should got it worsened by orgasm, no?

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2013, 05:52:32 PM »
POIS is strange, it seems to accentuate the weaknesses in us.

In my case, I don't have a depressive bone in my body!  :P As otherwise normal as one could be.

But POIS triggers all my physical sensitivities. Joints, nerve pain, etc. etc.

When I wasn't taking niacin, I'd even get (in extreme cases) a couple of days of depression, which is really rare for me.

Perhaps that's why POIS is so different for each one. We each have weak physical / mental areas, and POIS just
tweaks the crap out of whatever it is that we have.

So we each feel it differently. Perhaps those who have anxiety issues are lucky, they can find ways to calm the mind.

I have physical issues, no amount of mental effort can make them better, nothing but time, waiting it out until the freaken "next time"!

atamotua

« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2013, 08:11:09 PM »
what is the best place to share my symptoms... the place where my info will be taken into account and added to the database of facts? thank you...

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2013, 07:32:39 AM »
what is the best place to share my symptoms... the place where my info will be taken into account and added to the database of facts? thank you...

Use this link, and post there, thanks:
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.0

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2013, 02:24:01 PM »
yes so someone gets semen injected under his skin by a doctor and develops a red spot known as a allergic reaction and histamine release...

argument please...

For starters, have a look at this:
Brings up some serious doubts and potential dangers of skin-prick testing and desensitization.
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1036.msg9826#msg9826

traderwithpois

« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2013, 05:52:49 PM »
After reading through this thread I am definitely convinced there is a lot of truth to what cornelius has discovered.  What a brilliant discovery it is, too!

I think our "POIS" state is more a reflection of our true selves.  It is our underlying state of being, the way we are when you strip away any stress, excess energy, anxiety, etc.  So if we are depressed in that state, then we need to just ACCEPT first that that is who we are, and work to improve our lives around that... improve our social life, jobs, diet, exercise, etc.  Only when we ACCEPT it, can we finally change it. 

I have noticed that my "POIS" was worse a couple of years ago and that was because I had more anxiety and depression and job and social stress than I do today... but my POIS is not completely gone, which means there is more room for improvement.  I have to wonder if I will ever completely rid myself of POIS, especially since semen is sort of "life energy" and one would expect to get drained a little bit afterwards as we get older.  But I see no reason why I shouldn't have sufficient energy the day after, and that is what I will work towards.

LAPOISSE

« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2013, 03:57:30 AM »
Hi traderwith POIS,

I think its wise to look at this direction.

I also feel benefits by trying to calming down my mind. Frankly, it could be 10%, 50% or 100% of the problem ; I just don't know right now. What I know is the mental can cause a lot of physical problem and vice versa.
I know it's not easy for everyone here to do a little bit of mental introspection but it's absolutly necessary..event if it's just help to deal with POIS life.

FloppyBanana

« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2013, 12:10:44 PM »
I agree totally with above two posts. Since practicing Falun Gong (Chinese mind and body practice) my life has been transformed. Always look inside yourself to find out what your thoughts really are, where they come from and are they righteous (not selfish).

In meditation I found that the realms of pain you can endure are endless. The muscle fatigue from POIS can be relieved through this. Since starting practising Falun Gong 13 years ago I have been able to break from 12 years of POIS and continually getting ill. All classes are free. POIS is still something that stops me having a "normal" life though.
FB
30 years of POIS. Mytelase after O with Iceman breathing technique.

LAPOISSE

« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2014, 03:08:39 AM »
Hey Cornelius,

I'm curious to know if you still feel alright ; Hope you are around sometimes.

Cheers