Author Topic: Who's done "hard mode" from orgasm to NE?  (Read 8997 times)

Going less Crazy

Who's done "hard mode" from orgasm to NE?
« on: February 14, 2016, 06:18:54 PM »
I've abstained for long periods of time but never in hard mode.  Meaning no touching or stimulation at all until an NE.  Obviously an erection is OK but no stimulating it at all.

I've done this maybe a couple of days in a row tops, but each time I notice my head is really really clear along with a very refreshing nights sleep.  However if I touch again, I sort of relapse.  Not sure if this is a mini POIS reaction or just hormones.

I'm going to give this a try, no stimulation until NE.  Ill update.  Has anybody else done this?
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

Macster

Re: Who's done "hard mode" from orgasm to NE?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 07:56:02 PM »
I have done it for months. It's hard at the beginning but when I saw how my mind was free and felt physically good, I tried to stay abstinent for the longest I could, which was in between NE.

Recently I have gone back to stimulation once in a while to see if the supplements I take are making a difference. I do think they are helping but I much prefer to abstain. I have had great moments with new people while abstinent and do not want to go back to being a hermit. Its actually easier for me to abstain now that I see how much better I feel. Although this year I started to feel as though I might be losing libido even though I'm in my mid-20s.
Symptoms since I'm 15 y o, hair loss, muscle twitches, brain fog, anxiety, low confidence, stuffy nose, itchy eyes and skin, sensitive to temperature change, loud heartbeat. I currently use 5-htp and SAM-e.

Going less Crazy

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 08:55:04 PM »
Sometimes when ive done this for a few days in a row before, I feel so good that I think I no longer have pois, only to relapse that day after O.  Man I wish somehow our bodies would just adjust.

On allergies, if POIS is one, I wonder if it would be possible if it just went away like sometimes food allergies are known to just vanish or ppl grow out of them, especially if it is avoided for long periods of time.
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

Prancer

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 09:52:30 PM »
This is a really good topic. The answer for me is no, I haven't (yet). I think this is the reason why I feel constant symptoms even while abstaining from orgasm. I'm definitely gonna give this a try sometime soon. I thought about trying this a few times before, but I kept on brushing it off for later. Even though I stay away from O, it's never in a "hard mode" as you say. And I really think this is a big reason why I feel constant symptoms (though not as strong as from actual O, but still bad). If anyone else tries this like GLC & Macster, please also chime in. Thanks, excellent topic, very glad you brought it up. Hopefully no NE while experimenting with this.

Going less Crazy

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 11:57:20 PM »
Yes it is really hard.  Especially when you wake up in the morning if you know what I mean :O .  I delayed my hard mode due to my experiment with taurine...wanted to try it out for an O that I'll update on in a couple days.

I think I might have to revise my statement a little.  I did get really good sleep when doing hard mode before.  I practically remember one night sleeping really well.  But then again as I remember now, that was a night where I also drank a lot of alcohol for one of my friends 21 bday.  So that definitely added to the good night's sleep.  But this doesn't mean hard mode shouldn't be tried.

I find it hard that macster did this for months.  If that is the case than man have you got some monk like focus.  I also agree on the hermit thing. Sucks having POIS days.  I really am still trying to manage this.  1 O a week is very hard for me but I will have to do this (after hard mode).  I want to live my life.

b_jim

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 03:05:20 AM »
I have abstained suring long time. It never improved my Pois.
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2016, 09:41:20 AM »
I've abstained for long periods of time but never in hard mode.  Meaning no touching or stimulation at all until an NE.  Obviously an erection is OK but no stimulating it at all.

I've done this maybe a couple of days in a row tops, but each time I notice my head is really really clear along with a very refreshing nights sleep.  However if I touch again, I sort of relapse.  Not sure if this is a mini POIS reaction or just hormones.

I'm going to give this a try, no stimulation until NE.  Ill update.  Has anybody else done this?

Hi GLC,

I do a slightly different version of what you call "hard mode".  My version is no touching or stimulation until intercourse ( remember i am in a stable relationship).  This hard mode is highly beneficial for my emotional stability, emotional problems being my worst POIS symptoms, and it is also great for my stamina.   

I also always use my pre-release pack of supplements.  So, it's hard mode, then release with pre-pack , than return to hard mode till next time.  "Next time" is in 1, 2, or 3 or even 4 weeks.  It may be easier for me now since I am 51, but it is also about a state of mind, a clarity about what it is you really want in life. 

Another important mindset change  I had to go through in order to be able to be relax and well in hard mode,  is a change in "beliefs" concerning virility.  I had to let go of the cultural belief that being a true male is being always ready, almost like you have to suffer from a lack of sex on a constant basis.  In our culture, male, in a way, are supposed to be quite focused on sex, and supposed to get tense and need a release, as a "fix", on a regular basis, and the faster you need this, the more you are a "true male". The cultural pressure and programming is not as strong for everyone, but it is present in all occidental country, for sure.  It has taken time to learn to re-wire my belief system and my male identitty and feel great, feel myself, even when i do not feel any sexual urge whne I "should".  It sure means you have passion for many things in life, and that you have many sources of enjoyments, overall.  Granted, I meditate, I do yoga, I practice sports regularly, and that is part of why I can do that, but do not underestimate the power of beliefs!

I suppose that a man that has no POIS could have a hard time achieving hard mode, no motivation being there in order to achieve it ( unless you want to be a monk).  My situation is quite different, I am no monk, and the symptoms of POIS are far enough to motivate me in achieving hard mode.  The rewards of an easier life, a more satisfying social life, felling better on a regular basis, and so on.
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Going less Crazy

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 03:14:28 PM »
Yes the benefits are great if you do this, and follow a certain diet or whatever have you to relieve this problem.  I'm hopeful in the fact that the more I do this, the easier it will get to ejaculate just once a week.  Your body should adjust for ejaculation frequency.  Honestly I'll still be motivated for sex but it won't overwelm me tho.  Again, I was able to O last summer freely so I'm trying to get back to that track which involves almond milk instead of regular milk, and a partial grain free diet.  Still want to try to O once a week even for the motivation increase and clear headedness regardless of POIS.

And B_Jim, you've done hard mode?? No touching/stimulation the whole time?

MirkoThiel0

• wenn du deutsch bist dann schreib mich an :)
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 01:01:59 PM »
i did it 29.02.2016-02.05.2016
but i also had NE
23.03.2016 (2 days later) (o.o)
I noticed I have NE when i drink and eat to much before I sleep
now i try 10.04.2016-now
and had no NE at all :)

mithrvndir

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 05:18:42 PM »
i did it 29.02.2016-02.05.2016
but i also had NE
23.03.2016 (2 days later) (o.o)
I noticed I have NE when i drink and eat to much before I sleep
now i try 10.04.2016-now
and had no NE at all :)

Hello Mirko:

I've also noticed a very clear correlation between the timing/size of my dinner, and the occurrence of NE. Care to elaborate?

MirkoThiel0

• wenn du deutsch bist dann schreib mich an :)
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2016, 10:58:11 AM »
im not sure what elaborate means but sure why not

Meshal

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2018, 12:04:05 PM »
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 06:36:05 PM by Meshal »

cyberguy137

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2019, 03:32:42 PM »
Most I've gone is 10 days. Does seem to help but O helps reduce my anxiety levels  and stabilize me, so there are trade-offs.

I think more people on here should give nofap a chance IMHO, I keep reading about people ejaculating every day or every other day. That much isn't necessary or even healthy, even for non-POIS people, IMHO. Tim Ferriss talked about this on his podcast, he suggest for max performance everyone should limit masturbation to once every 2-3 weeks.

Aladin

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2019, 11:56:17 AM »
I also abstain for longer periods and emotionally, it feels so good. Self-confidence, enjoying life, making plans, seeing less problems....
The less I have sex/masturbate, the easier it goes. The more orgasms i have, the more orgasms I want.
What happened to me also, but i think that's a rather rare condition, is that my POIS disappears and is replaced by anhedonia: i can have sex as much as i want, no POIS symptoms, but no pleasure at all from orgasm...
Abstaining for a longer period is one of the things triggering that switch.

Nas

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2019, 01:14:58 PM »
The pleasure mechanism of Orgasm is probably where we POISers have faulty. Evident by your claim that pleasure less sex causes no orgasm. Possibly something linked with dopamine and serotonin.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2019, 03:57:59 PM »
The pleasure mechanism of Orgasm is probably where we POISers have faulty. Evident by your claim that pleasure less sex causes no orgasm. Possibly something linked with dopamine and serotonin.
Animus experiences the same pleasure after castration according to him and got zero POIS. 

Nas

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2019, 04:30:14 PM »
Animus experiences the same pleasure after castration according to him and got zero POIS.
Does he have cognitive symptoms?

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2019, 07:40:16 AM »
Very interesting!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business