Poll

Why are you not donating?

Don't have the money
It will eventually be funded by someone else
Don't think the research will yield any results
Worried that we will not reach the full $33.5K
Other
I donated / pledged

Author Topic: Why are you not donating?  (Read 7833 times)

B_Daniel

Why are you not donating?
« on: September 25, 2011, 01:20:55 AM »
This poll is anonymous.  Nobody will be able to see what you've voted.  The goal here is to find out why people aren't donating so we can hopefully fix the issue.

You also won't be able to see the poll results until you vote.   Thank you in advance for your help with this.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 11:52:45 AM by B_Daniel »

Green

Re: Why are you not donating?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 12:15:58 PM »
I'm having some pretty serious personal issues, as soon as I come around, I'll find a way to deliver my pledge. I'd be happy to donate right now, but I can't risk financial uncertainty, because of my poor health. I'm guessing a lot of suferrers are struggling to make ends meet and in no way living a luxury self funded lifestyle.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 03:03:12 PM »
Thank you, Green!

Insightful comment.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Habibou

• Lab1
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 02:18:33 PM »
Good idea !  :)
For the section "other" please, write us in a post what is this reason, it would help a lot (even if we are not in a quantitative marketing research... :P)
Brain fog 90%  + tired all the time ,sport intolerance, fast heartbeat, colon inflammation

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 06:30:37 PM »

For the section "other" please, write us in a post what is this reason, it would help a lot (even if we are not in a quantitative marketing research... :P)

Habibou, excellent suggestion!

If you are someone who voted  "other" and are hesitant to post your reason, PLEASE send a Private Message CONFIDENTIALLY to either me, Daveman, or B_Daniel, the poll author. So we can better determine our status.

THANKS everyone who replied to the poll!!!!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Vincent M

• Physical overshadows cognitive symptoms. 10yrs.
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 12:48:19 PM »
My situation is similar to Green's. Got a load of college loans to pay off and I don't have a job. Completely depended on my mom and she's been struggling to pay the bills. I won't have any money to donate in at least a year.
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 08:29:25 AM »
I put "other" because there isn't a place to put "future pledge", or will be in th future.

I am in a very tight financial situation, but even so, I give this more priority than just about anything else in the near future.

I hope to find at least $100 before the end of February.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

B_Daniel

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 10:30:00 AM »
daveman, perhaps the name of the post should be "why have you not donated YET", and then your best response would be "don't have the money (YET)"  :P

The poll wasn't perfectly created.  I should have had a column for 'pledged $" as well.  And responses can't be edited after they're logged.  Regardless I think that the poll responses show a rough picture of what's going on.  Thank you to everyone that voted!