Author Topic: Zoloft/Sertraline and POIS  (Read 4157 times)

Kobe_bryant_legend24

Zoloft/Sertraline and POIS
« on: July 05, 2020, 08:34:55 PM »
Hi,

I know that there are several threads on this already, but I was wondering if anyone has personal experience with taking sertraline (of course, prescribed by a doctor) and any changes to their POIS symptoms? Improvement or no improvement?

Thanks so much in advance. god bless.

hurray

• Lab1
Re: Zoloft/Sertraline and POIS
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 04:06:01 AM »
Sure, I have. Sertraline was an effective antidepressant for me (I took it for a few years), but it didn't have much impact on my POIS. It made me feel less unhappy about having POIS, but the POIS was still there.

POISed2cure

Sertraline - just tested it!
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2022, 09:44:45 AM »
Too early to know if this is placebo, or whether tolerance will build up quickly, or if it even works. I am one of the worst POIS sufferers here though. I recently started taking Sertraline 2 weeks ago (the first few days of 25 mg, the rest of the days I took 50 mg), not for POIS, but I took Sertraline to see if it would help with PE. It did a little, but not much.

However, tonight I took 100 mg (some tests have been done using 100 mg) to see the difference in delayed ejaculation and guess what... It didn't really help my PE, but so far I am not in POIS. No social anxiety coming on which normally occurs immediately after orgasm. I walked through crowds of people with ease.

I may wake up with POIS tomorrow, in fact I expect it... But being excited about not being in POIS immediately after, I wanted to share it while I have the time to write.

Sertraline can be taken "on demand" or daily. I actually took a break from taking it the last 2 days, and then took 100 mg tonight just to see the effect.

Will report back. Let's see how it feels tomorrow. 🙏

POISed2cure

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2022, 08:37:11 PM »
Why would my post be buried in a post from 2 years ago that nobody will ever see? I spent a lot of time writing it for the benefit of others. I won't bother in future. I am still POIS-free the following day. Best of luck to you all.

Lihua

• a Chinese man's case and situation of all the POISers undergoing desenz in China
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2022, 10:47:11 PM »
hello POISed2cure, please do more test to exclude placebo and update the situation about how Sertraline helps you or doesn't help you. Thank you, I am following you.

all Chinese can send me a personal message, I have a wechat group. There are doctors researching POIS in Guangzhou, Beijing, Harbin.

POISed2cure

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2022, 07:00:33 AM »
I don't think it's placebo, but I will continue to make sure and update. The reasons I do not think it's placebo are:

- I did not take it for POIS, and never expected it to help much or at all with POIS. I took it only for premature ejaculation. Previous posts in this forum said it did not work for POIS and no SSRI has really helped members here, with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions. So i expected nothing.

- I took 50 mg every evening at 5 pm for nearly 3 weeks (25 mg for the first 3 days to see how I tolerated it), and on 50 mg I tested it after week 1 and week 2 and it had zero effect on POIS, so when I increased it to 100 mg, I did not expect any effect on my POIS. I only thought the higher dose may help with PE as studies show the higher dosage helps you last much longer taking 100 mg than 50 mg. Did not help me much for that. Prior to taking the 100 mg I had decided to stop taking the 50 mg for a few days, but because the drug can also be used "on demand" I decided to give it one last try on 100 mg (for PE). Bingo! It stopped POIS entirely (so far).

- I O'd 4 hours after taking the 100 mg, but noticed after 1.5-2 hours of taking the 100 mg that all of my social anxiety disappeared. I was in large crowds of people, on busy streets, and when I am tired I become extremely anxious in this situation. I was very surprised that it eliminated my social anxiety because 50 mg did absolutely nothing for me.

- I woke up and there was no POIS at all today (day 1). I felt great. No social anxiety in large crowds all day and evening. Let's see tomorrow... The half life of Sertraline is about 19 hours, so the drug will wear off by tomorrow sometime. I am hopeful that the drug prevented the onset of POIS.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 07:12:37 AM by POISed2cure »

Lihua

• a Chinese man's case and situation of all the POISers undergoing desenz in China
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2022, 07:18:07 PM »
it is insteresting, please continue to update your situation. Thank you! ;D
all Chinese can send me a personal message, I have a wechat group. There are doctors researching POIS in Guangzhou, Beijing, Harbin.

POISed2cure

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2022, 11:48:40 PM »
DAY 2, no POIS.

Lihua

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2022, 01:25:09 AM »
go on with your medicine! hope it can help you forever!

POISed2cure

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2022, 04:18:20 AM »
Funny, no admins here are promoting this post at all. Obviously too early to know how successful it will be after long term testing, bur very sad that this forum is limiting itself and its members in this way. This is a form of censorship to downgrade a first-time successful treatment against POIS to a category within this forum (The Down Side) that nobody probably reads.
I wonder how many other people have successfully used drugs like this to prevent POIS to the point where they didn't even make it to this forum, which seems to give priority to alternative treatments. Very sad. I much prefer alternative natural treatments and hate to give money to big pharma, but one must be objective, and if it works, it works. I still don't know if this is a long-term solution but it's a start, and others should be made aware of this as an option.

Hopeoneday

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2022, 05:15:19 AM »
Hi, you must be avare that probbly "80" of poisers did
tested some sort of ssri medications and unfortynatly
not working for evrybody, some of them reported wery
nasty expirieces from them.
The first thing when you go to doctors they
give you this type of medications.
Test and report back.
Thanks..
Dr-pois.

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2022, 07:32:07 PM »
Funny, no admins here are promoting this post at all. Obviously too early to know how successful it will be after long term testing, bur very sad that this forum is limiting itself and its members in this way. This is a form of censorship to downgrade a first-time successful treatment against POIS to a category within this forum (The Down Side) that nobody probably reads.
I wonder how many other people have successfully used drugs like this to prevent POIS to the point where they didn't even make it to this forum, which seems to give priority to alternative treatments. Very sad. I much prefer alternative natural treatments and hate to give money to big pharma, but one must be objective, and if it works, it works. I still don't know if this is a long-term solution but it's a start, and others should be made aware of this as an option.

Hi POISed2Cure, 

It is far too early in your experiment to draw any conclusion.  If it is still effective after 3 months, that could be interesting, keep us updated.   However, as HOD said, many other members had tried sertraline and other SSRI, with mixed results, no results, or bad results.   So, do not expect SSRI antidepressants to become a first-line treatment for all POIS sufferers.  However, I hope it will stay effective for you.   If it does, I will ask you for details about your POIS, so that I can include you in my POIS Types Chart, which I hope, at one point, could become predictive of what type of POIS could respond to this method or that method.  But it will take much more data to reach that point.

Also, this is a forum, not a live stream.  Conversations go about very slowly on this forum.  Many members will log in only once a month once every other month.  When I first reported my own successful method, which had been effective at that point for 3 to 4 months, it took over 3 months to even have a reply on my thread !  So, be patient :)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 07:34:08 PM by Quantum »
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Lihua

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2022, 09:45:05 PM »
I have seen the post of SSRI curing POIS on the reddit forum. Perhaps this is also useful information?

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2022, 11:23:39 PM »
I have seen the post of SSRI curing POIS on the reddit forum. Perhaps this is also useful information?

For being useful, it has to be more than just a mention that "SSRI helped with my POIS". . We need details about what symptoms have been relieved and to what percentage, what symptoms have not been relieved, what drug is taken and to what dosage, how it is taken ( daily or on an as-needed basis), for how long the SSRI has been effective ( for more than 3 months, at least), side effects from the drug if any, and other useful details, like, was it taken for depression, or prescribed for POIS itself?   Is it efficient because it lowers the libido, erections are harder to maintain and pleasure is numbed ?  Or sex is normal and POIS-free ?
Those are the questions I would ask a member here if he has reached the point where he is sure that the SSRI he takes has been controlling his POIS for 3 months or more.

You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Lihua

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2022, 01:21:19 AM »
it is reasonable.

POISed2cure

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2022, 02:09:24 AM »
I understand your reasons however, I had given answers to your questions: dosage, time I have taken it, why I was prescribed it (not for POIS), and the results of my first successful attempt. I did not expect it to help with POIS at all given my research in this forum about others who have tested SSRIs and Sertraline.
However, given that POIS seems to affect those with underlying preexisting conditions such as anxiety, depression, ADHD and so on, I think it is not unreasonable to assume that many people who suffer POIS never make it to this forum because they get treated immediately using SSRIs for their other condition given it is doctors first line of defence, and if it helps prevent/reduce their POIS, we would never know about them because they would never even think of having POIS. Many members here had it for years, decades, before realising they had it. Think of the people who try medication before waiting all these years which fixes their POIS so you never hear from them.
Anyway. I won't tell you how to run the forum. I hate big pharma and they are a last resort, a short term solution for me I hope, but if it works, I would hope others should have the benefit of trying it for themselves by being able to see this post which they probably won't if it's buried under this obscure heading "The Down Side". Point taken about a proper trial for a few months, but we are not waiting 3 months to allow other posts of success stories to be posted.

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2022, 04:01:35 AM »
I've set the topic to sticky for now, so it should be on top of this board and can maybe help you attract more eyeballs :)

In general, I think topics with a lot of replies/pages attract more views than lone topics without many replies, that's one of the reasons I merged your post with the older Zoloft/Setraline post.

Lihua

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2022, 12:19:47 AM »
hello POISed2cure, any update?

POISed2cure

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2022, 09:49:58 AM »
Yep, still successful. My protocol is to take 50 mg daily, and 100 mg on the day of O. This is what has worked for me so far. I have not tried to have multiple O's.
This drug peaks 4-6 hours after you take it and I have tested the timing of it for POIS... The results are when I take it 3.5 to 4 hours, it works perfectly, but once I took it about 6 to 6.5 hours before O and it did not prevent POIS. So timing seems to be essential. I have not tried taking it earlier than 3.5 hours before, and I don't know how long the window of opportunity lasts after that time, I just know that 6 to 6.5 hours was too long to wait for me.
Taking 50 mg daily did absolutely nothing for my POIS, so I was very surprised that 100 mg worked. For those who test it with a Dr, I would take it daily for a few weeks before you test it as body needs time for Sertraline levels to rise.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 09:56:22 AM by POISed2cure »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2022, 06:21:25 AM »
Positive Effect at higher dose for first intake sounds to me it acts on different stuff.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sertraline#Pharmacology
Sertraline also shows relatively high activity as an inhibitor of the dopamine transporter (DAT) and antagonist of the sigma 1 receptor (rat).