Author Topic: PSOAS Muscle !  (Read 9810 times)

swell

Re: PSOAS Muscle !
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2018, 03:07:46 PM »
I dont know about cranial or physical therapy I am a little agnostic on that approach, however I do believe instinctual guard 24x7 that you refer is at the root of our problem.  I think all of us had a terrified childhood.  Shallow breathing you refer and tight musculature  that prevents release of substances, I think that is spot on at least for me.  My speech issues are due to shallow breathing and all my life I have tried to loosen muscles, I keep tight vocal cords, but just unable to successfully do it substantially.  We have learnt and embedded shallow breathing and tightness so much into who we are that now in adulthood I dont know if its even possible to re-learn at a molecular level in our bodies.  I think a combination of behavioral (re-learning) plus some powerful medicine cocktail can maybe cure us.

This is all gonna sound very unscientific, but is possible that we have some sort of instinctual "guard" up 24/7, trying to keep us safe? Is it possible that the ego is so terrified of vulnerability that it will ramp up the immune system, causing widespread inflammation, and keep the breathing shallow and the musculature tight to prevent the release of tension, trauma, heavy metals and even semen from our body?

Going less Crazy

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2018, 10:49:14 PM »
Did you have a change in diet while on the retreat?
My POIS 100% managed with modified Paleo Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O and stimulation = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut. Can O freely. Current supplements: tolerase g, black seed oil.

CuriousCharacter

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2018, 09:09:36 PM »
Did you have a change in diet while on the retreat?

The food was vegetarian. I ate a lot of fruit. On several days, all I ate was an apple and a banana at 6am, and then maybe a couple apples and bananas at noon. I typically didn't eat anything after 1pm.

Sometimes I'd eat rice, oatmeal, deserts or some curry. But my main staple was fruit. I didn't eat much, and I didn't sleep more than four hours a night. But I was filled with energy. I think my body was so relaxed that it was almost as if I was sleeping... lots of theta brainwaves.

Now that I've left the retreat, it's the opposite. I eat lots of fatty meat. Not many carbohydrates. And I tend to feast in the evening.

I'm planning to try out that diet again for a few days - mostly fruit in the morning, nothing in the evening - and see if it improves my symptoms. But my guess is that the state of complete and total relaxation was the real medicine there.

We have learnt and embedded shallow breathing and tightness so much into who we are that now in adulthood I dont know if its even possible to re-learn at a molecular level in our bodies.  I think a combination of behavioral (re-learning) plus some powerful medicine cocktail can maybe cure us.

I certainly hope so. As far as the medicine cocktail is concerned, high doses of magnesium are a lifesaver. And perhaps the occasional mushroom trip (although this may not be the best thing for someone with a MTHFR mutation).

What kinds of things are you doing to instill these behavioral changes?

swell

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2018, 02:12:48 PM »
This could be the cure for POIS 'mushroom trip'.  I am just reading about it, goodness I never knew.  I have not tried and dont plan to since I would rather try it in hands of a capable person first time so I maximize the good results from it, but guys THIS IS IT.  Wow, Wow, this could cure SO MANY OTHER illnesses.  I dont know how to say it, but I believe that many kids have many problems growing up but most grow out of it.  The exception are the overly sensitive kids like we POIS suffererers dont have that learning opportunity (therapy alone does not help us) and we get stuck in our childhood problems.   Does anyone know if its possible to find capable practitioners that actually use something like these 'mushroom trips' and can retrain our flawed processes.   I am thinking for myself that I have intensely shallow breathing that I rob many organs from oxygenation, I think I have a flawed way of formulating my speech also, certain mental processes, but most imp. incorrect breathing pattern, when I am finishing my sentence I feel I'm choking and out of breadth.  Normal speech therapy, behavioral techniques, CBT's,  orthopedic or joint manipulations etc are not very useful (they work for a short time period and then our bodies immediately return to its flawed state) since we are now adults and our bodies is not easy to get retrained in a systemic way all through, but reading what I just did about mushroom trips, I think we can cure our flawed processes THOUGH there needs to be practitioners trained in this art.  Guys could you chime?   

fyi: Magnesium does NOTHING for me.  I have tried Magtein (Magnesium-L-Theoronate) supposed to cross BBB effectively.

CuriousCharacter

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2018, 04:37:42 PM »
Does anyone know if its possible to find capable practitioners that actually use something like these 'mushroom trips' and can retrain our flawed processes.

Johns Hopkins is doing lots of research on psychedelic therapy, but the practice remains illegal in the United States. There are psychedelic retreats outside of the US though. Many of them incorporate other practices like meditation, holotropic breathing, etc. You can find lists of these retreats online:

https://retreat.guru/be/spirit-plant-medicine

There's also a website called The Third Wave that is on the cutting edge of this stuff. Definitely worth checking out: https://thethirdwave.co/

My first real mushroom trip happened earlier this year at a music festival. In a period of a few hours, I experienced what seemed equivalent to a few years of psychotherapy. I had the sensation that the weight of the world had lifted off my shoulders. The sense of calm was... almost unbelievable.

Psilocybin really has a knack for shooting you back into your body, and telling you exactly what's wrong in your mind, body and spirit. Even a large microdose (say 0.5g) will have that effect.

With that said, there are legal modalities that can accomplish similar things. They just require more work and/or money. Holotropic breathing is powerful stuff. My first impression of craniosacral therapy is that it could be a good alternative to psychedelic therapy.

CuriousCharacter

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2018, 05:06:07 PM »
fyi: Magnesium does NOTHING for me.  I have tried Magtein (Magnesium-L-Theoronate) supposed to cross BBB effectively.

What was the dose? I never noticed the effects until I took 600mg of mag citrate at once.

CuriousCharacter

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2018, 10:06:10 AM »
Magnesium-L-Theoronate does not supply very much elemental magnesium, so it's not useful for correcting deficiencies.

I suspect that I was magnesium deficient from years of ketogenic dieting and intermittent fasting. I always supplemented magnesium, but higher-dose magnesium seems to cause a huge improvement in my anxiety and muscular tension.