Author Topic: Xanthiol Nicotinate - Benefits, Risks and Function in POIS  (Read 293609 times)

Vincent M

• Physical overshadows cognitive symptoms. 10yrs.
Re: Xanthiol Nicotinate - Benefits, Risks and Function in POIS
« Reply #320 on: October 20, 2011, 07:02:19 PM »
mellivora, if you do take niacin again perhaps you should take it with food. Although this will prevent the flush some of us have found niacin still helps even without the flush. As I said previously I now take 200mg only once a week soon after dinner. I no longer get a flush because of this but i think i still get the same positive effects.
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

JRD

« Reply #321 on: October 21, 2011, 06:07:00 AM »
I started taking Niacin on a regular basis last week (2x per day) and it really helps, but only if taken prior to orgasm, otherwise quite useless in terms of alleviation (what a find!).

I've also been augmenting myself with the whole variety of vitamins & minerals (including high doses of Zinc, Selenium, B12, etc.) without any noticeable success.

However, as I've found, the longer I abstain, the weaker the neuropsychiatric manifestation is, but I simultaneously start suffering from that "flu-like symptoms", which is quite new for me, since I've never been able to hold it out more than a few days. These symptoms usually start to kick in after 8-10 days of abstinence.

mellivora

« Reply #322 on: October 21, 2011, 11:25:21 AM »
mellivora, if you do take niacin again perhaps you should take it with food. Although this will prevent the flush some of us have found niacin still helps even without the flush. As I said previously I now take 200mg only once a week soon after dinner. I no longer get a flush because of this but i think i still get the same positive effects.
Thanks Vincent, that's good advice. Interesting that you still get the same effect without the flush. Thanks

I started taking Niacin on a regular basis last week (2x per day) and it really helps, but only if taken prior to orgasm, otherwise quite useless in terms of alleviation (what a find!).

I've also been augmenting myself with the whole variety of vitamins & minerals (including high doses of Zinc, Selenium, B12, etc.) without any noticeable success.

However, as I've found, the longer I abstain, the weaker the neuropsychiatric manifestation is, but I simultaneously start suffering from that "flu-like symptoms", which is quite new for me, since I've never been able to hold it out more than a few days. These symptoms usually start to kick in after 8-10 days of abstinence.
JRD I'd like to add your experiences with Niacin to the Summary I've been compiling. Could you tell us what dose (eg. 100mg) of Niacin you have been taking please? How long before orgasm do you take it? And how strong are your symptoms after using Niacin compared to your symptoms without (eg. 10% of normal intensity )Thanks! I'm pleased to hear its working for you.

mellivora

« Reply #323 on: October 21, 2011, 11:42:28 AM »
I saw my doc. He didn't seem too alarmed by the amount of Niacin I'd taken. He suspects I have a type of graze somewhere inside my anus. He didn't think the glucosamine or niacin should cause bleeding in the doses I took (though I've read of cases where they have caused bleeding  - doses unknown.). For now, my own theory is that yes, maybe I have an internal graze of some sort and I think the vasodilatory effect of Niacin possibly coupled with blood thinning/anticoagulant effects caused bleeding from this graze. I have in the past seen very slight signs of blood when I have wiped with toilet paper but only on occasion. I think this isnt too uncommon and sometimes its haemorrhoids (but not in my case). I think the Niacin aggravated it. It was much more bleeding than I'd seen before which caused me to post here. I will keep an eye on it. Anyway my word of caution still stands. Although I am normally a careful person, I got carried away in my desperation to get better in time for a particular occasion and I still think I took more than I should have for a first try.
Be careful but good luck with your trials!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 11:45:40 AM by mellivora »

JRD

« Reply #324 on: October 21, 2011, 12:25:43 PM »
JRD I'd like to add your experiences with Niacin to the Summary I've been compiling. Could you tell us what dose (eg. 100mg) of Niacin you have been taking please? How long before orgasm do you take it? And how strong are your symptoms after using Niacin compared to your symptoms without (eg. 10% of normal intensity )Thanks! I'm pleased to hear its working for you.

Thanks. I use 100mg Nicotinic Acid from Nature's way and I took one capsule approximately 30 minutes before orgasm (I had an orgasm 3 times in two hours). I have to say it doesn't matter if I experience flush, which is most likely the result of taking a Niacin supplement on an empty stomach. However, I had both flush (quite strong) and non-flush episodes.

In terms of severity of the symptoms - I've been living in this cloudiness/moodiness/distorted perception since the age of 11 or 12 (I am 25yr old), but I've developed really heavy cognitive symptoms in the last few years. I haven't been able to abstain long enough to consider myself "stabilized", although I feel way better after about 10 days of abstaining. In the days after orgasm, I usually feel as if I was disconnected from my brain, unable doing simple math calculations, thinking properly and complex, to find the right word (name/number) and solve primitive problems, using analytical and logical skills, remembering and understanding something new, I am objectively sluggish and pseudo-retarted. I am socially anxious, withdrawn/incommunicative (unable to be), depressive, I feel worthless etc.

I would say, that using Niacin means my symptoms are more manageable, milder, although still at 30 - 40% of their intensity and fatique/weakness at 60 - 70%.

Btw: Is there anybody who has tried taking some kind of aphrodisiacs prior to orgasm?

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #325 on: October 21, 2011, 10:37:48 PM »

Thanks. I use 100mg Nicotinic Acid from Nature's way and I took one capsule approximately 30 minutes before orgasm (I had an orgasm 3 times in two hours). I have to say it doesn't matter if I experience flush, which is most likely the result of taking a Niacin supplement on an empty stomach. However, I had both flush (quite strong) and non-flush episodes.I would say, that using Niacin means my symptoms are more manageable, milder, although still at 30 - 40% of their intensity and fatique/weakness at 60 - 70%.

JRD, I strongly suggest you to increase your dose to 200 mg. I think that my optimum dosage is near 200 mg prior to orgasm, and if it i take 100 mg i fell short(My symptoms improve a lot and POIS is reduced less than 36-48 hours.). Maybe you will feel better if you follow this advice. BTW i had another orgasm today, 200 mg niacin, 50 mins after i orgasmed. No POIS symptoms again, feeling happy.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #326 on: October 22, 2011, 06:25:39 AM »
Let the flush be the guide.

Some have said the flush may not be necesary, and this may be true. But, as JRD has noticed, sometimes 100 mg gives him a strong flush and other times it doesn't. Also it's possible one can experiment positive results without the flush. And some have said that taking one dose beyond the flush is even better.

The flush is an indication that your body has reached a certain saturation point. One day and under certain conditions, that may be with 75 mg and on another day under different conditions that may be 250mg. But if you are saturated, you KNOW that you have the right level and can adjust from there.

So I don't think there is any one fixed dose. I think we will be trying careful experiments to adjust dosage (more or less niacin) based on the flush level. It will be good also to try some tests on fixed doses. I suspect we will find that those are less consistent.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 06:35:51 AM by Daveman »
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

mellivora

« Reply #327 on: October 23, 2011, 05:39:44 AM »
Thanks. I use 100mg Nicotinic Acid from Nature's way and I took one capsule approximately 30 minutes before orgasm (I had an orgasm 3 times in two hours). I have to say it doesn't matter if I experience flush, which is most likely the result of taking a Niacin supplement on an empty stomach. However, I had both flush (quite strong) and non-flush episodes.
Thanks JRD, I have added you to the summary. One thing I'm not clear on:
in your original post you said
And in your 2nd post you said you took 100mg before orgasm. When you  say you are taking Niacin twice per day do you mean 100mg early in the day and another 100mg 30mins before O?
Are you taking regular doses of Niacin anyway (eg.daily) whether you orgasm or not?
Thanks

JRD

« Reply #328 on: October 23, 2011, 07:59:16 AM »
Are you taking regular doses of Niacin anyway (eg.daily) whether you orgasm or not?

Yes. I've experimented with 300mg today and no flush at all. I've probably built up a tolerance. My goal is also to improve my skin texure, which Niacin is an ideal supplement for.

And in your 2nd post you said you took 100mg before orgasm. When you  say you are taking Niacin twice per day do you mean 100mg early in the day and another 100mg 30mins before O?

No. I don't reach O every day, but when I decided to, I took it then, instead on my evening dose.

mellivora

« Reply #329 on: October 23, 2011, 03:34:59 PM »
Thanks JRD. In case you haven't already read, you might find it interesting that, at the start of his trials, Jivetalk was taking 100mg Niacin twice per day and then would take 300mg before an O. However, when he stopped taking his daily doses and only took Niacin before O, he seemed to get much better results. Last we heard he was taking just 100-200mg before O with symptoms reduced to 10-20% intensity. So perhaps you might find you get better results by stopping your regular doses. It'd be interesting to see if your regular doses improve your skin texture though as you said you  are trying to do. All the best..

Guthrie

• NLGroup
« Reply #330 on: October 23, 2011, 05:17:05 PM »
Thanks JRD. In case you haven't already read, you might find it interesting that, at the start of his trials, Jivetalk was taking 100mg Niacin twice per day and then would take 300mg before an O. However, when he stopped taking his daily doses and only took Niacin before O, he seemed to get much better results. Last we heard he was taking just 100-200mg before O with symptoms reduced to 10-20% intensity. So perhaps you might find you get better results by stopping your regular doses.

A related update from my experiences: I tried taking one Niacinamide capsule (550 mg) each day for about a week, and then at the end of the week had an O in the evening, having taken an additional 550 mg about an hour before the O.  So that last day I took 550 mg in the morning, and another 550 mg in the evening.  Also, the evening 550 mg was taken relatively soon after eating, so it wasn't on a fully empty stomach.

The next day, I didn't experience the 85% improvement effect that I had previously achieved with Niacinamide-- it seemed like a pretty 'normal' POIS episode, or at most around 20-30% improvement.  So something wasn't working as well.

I stopped taking the 550 mg each day, and then at the end of the following week, had another O, having taken 1100 mg a couple hours before the O, on an empty stomach -- and then the next day, I had the 85% improvement effect again.

Now, there are a number of different factors that I can think of in comparing the not-effective episode with the effective episode:
1) The effective one was from taking the Niacinamide on an empty stomach, while the non-effective one involved a non-empty stomach.
2) The effective one involved taking 1100 mg shortly before O in the evening, while for the non-effective one I had taken 550 in the morning, and then 550 in the evening shortly before O.
3) For the effective one, I hadn't been taking Niaciniamide each day for a week beforehand, while for the non-effective one I had been taking Niacinamide each day for a week before hand.

I should also note that neither of the episodes involved any flushing.

So, which of the factors 1), 2), and 3) might have made a difference?  (Or another unknown factor.)  It could be the empty stomach factor, or it could be the 1100 vs 550 dosage, but in light of Jivetalk's experience, I might be inclined to say that the non-effective episode might have been from taking Niacinamide every day.  

So, to test this theory out, I will plan not to take it everyday, and I can try two different tests: I can try taking 1100 mg, but on a non-empty stomach; and, I can try taking 550 mg, but on an empty stomach.  I'll report back on how that goes.  But in general, it would be interesting if we could demonstrate that taking it every day reduces its effectiveness.

silverandcol

« Reply #331 on: November 02, 2011, 03:13:54 PM »
So guys, have you all been using Niacin consistently now?  I have found my quality of life to be improving drastically by using it about 2-3 times a week.  Hopefully this way I won't become desensitized to it.  It appears the flushing is kind of important to feel no POIS the next days.

b_jim

« Reply #332 on: November 03, 2011, 06:27:46 AM »
I'm taking now 120 mg of niacine 1-2 before ejaculation. I think the effect is real, but I prefer to test 1month more.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 11:26:17 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

mellivora

« Reply #333 on: November 08, 2011, 08:57:25 AM »
I have tried Niacin twice now.

Once taken AFTER an unplanned O. This was an attempt to get rid of symptoms by taking Niacin after the initial O and then having a second O. It didn't work for me and I had what I would describe as a normal POIS episode taking 1 week to recover.

Second trial: 200mg taken BEFORE O. This didn't work for me either. Again I couldn't distinguish the resulting symptoms from a normal POIS episode taking 1 week to recover.

I've posted my trials in a little more detail on the Niacin summary page:
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=235.0

I realise this is only 1 trial of taking Niacin before O so I'm not writing off Niacin yet for me. I intend to test it again at some point.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #334 on: November 08, 2011, 02:19:54 PM »
Thanks for the tests.

I think there has only been one report, or few at least, of someone who was relieved after the niacin before second orgasm to stop the symptoms of a first orgasm without. So it may not be surprising that this didn;t work.

Your second test however should have worked. the only thing I could see is that you weren't really far from your last lunch, but we haven't done a lot of tests to really define that relationship. All we know is that it's better on an empty stomach. But, even so, the measure seems to be realted to the flush. With a ful stomach it's alot more difficult to acheive a flush. In this case, you DID flush, so I don't think the stomach "content" counts in this case.

Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #335 on: November 12, 2011, 11:52:42 AM »
I don't know how many of you know, but it's been REAL hard for me to get Niacin here in Chile. It is very difficult to import medications, I don't know, maybe they are protecting their maufactureres.

Finally I found a guy "official and everything", a friend of a pahramceuticals salesman I know, that has like drums of the various vitamines and usually puts together special recipes perscribed by doctors. Anyways, that's for my next phase.. But with the help of a lot of people who have tried to help "import", someone FINALLY got me a bottle of 100 capsules of 100mg through customs in their luggage! You get to feeling like you're importing heroine or something!!

Anyways, TODAY I FEEL BETTER THAN I'VE FELT IN AT LEAST A COUPLE OF YEARS!!

It's incredible!! I know that I am sensitive to medications, so I took 30mg just to test the waters.... as you can imagine, not much happened.

The next night I took the remaining 70mg.

We had a Friday night cocktail with chips, and then about a half hour later I took the niacin. I almost forgot about it because I wasn't expecting much. About 20 min. after taking the niacin we wnt to our bedroom to watch TV. As I was brushing my teeth the flush began, almost like getting up and moving around triggered it.

It felt like sunburn. The whole head, scalp, face and neck, also the backs of my hands. i even imagined that perhaps those areas had been exposed to sun, and the niacin exagerated it.

My heart began to beat more strongly, but it was a very solid and healthy beat. I could feel the blood coursing all through my body.

The flush (without much redness surprisingly) I'm quite fair skinned, lasted about 15 minute.

Well I told the wifey that we had to complete the test!!

The heart was strong and steady for a good 2 hrs afterwards. I could feel the blood coursing through my veins. I got to think that this was the main benefit. It was washing away all the bad right then and there.

Slept like a baby, woke up in the morning with very light POIS symptoms, lighter than I've had in at least a year in the best of times. Then it just got better!

By 11:30, I had been doing stuff, forgetting that I even had POIS. All day, I get a sensation of springtime and youth in my head. I feel freaken GREAT!

So we'll have to see how consistent this is, but first test VERY ENCOURAGING!!!!!!

Starsky

• NDL_Group
« Reply #336 on: November 12, 2011, 12:24:30 PM »
You need to try XN. Its much better! Buy some stuff online. I can give you over PM some online stores which can ship it to Chile.

Ccconfucius

« Reply #337 on: November 12, 2011, 02:26:13 PM »
You need to try XN. Its much better! Buy some stuff online. I can give you over PM some online stores which can ship it to Chile.
if your heart beats right now slowly go up, it is going to beat harder.

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #338 on: November 12, 2011, 06:59:29 PM »

Anyways, TODAY I FEEL BETTER THAN I'VE FELT IN AT LEAST A COUPLE OF YEARS!!

Slept like a baby, woke up in the morning with very light POIS symptoms, lighter than I've had in at least a year in the best of times. Then it just got better!

By 11:30, I had been doing stuff, forgetting that I even had POIS. All day, I get a sensation of springtime and youth in my head. I feel freaken GREAT!

So we'll have to see how consistent this is, but first test VERY ENCOURAGING!!!!!!

Perfect Daveman, congratulations!!!. You are describing how i feel the first time i took the niacin and had an orgasm later. This vitamine is a gift from God, it seems.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #339 on: November 12, 2011, 07:02:22 PM »
CC, you mean that I should be careful as I increase doses, because the heart beats harder with higher doses?