Author Topic: Xanthiol Nicotinate - Benefits, Risks and Function in POIS  (Read 293612 times)

Ccconfucius

Re: Xanthiol Nicotinate - Benefits, Risks and Function in POIS
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2011, 08:30:32 AM »
"Fenugreek contains high concentrations of choline, tryptophan, ascorbic acid, niacin and potassium."
Guess what is also a mild vasodilator garlic

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2011, 11:43:14 AM »
" Niacin Physiology:

Niacin is important for the synthesis of the sex and adrenal hormones. Its primary sexual affect is from the side effect of the vitamin. Briefly after ingestion, niacin can produce sensations of intense warmth that quickly spreads throughout the body. This effect, is secondary to a release of histamine that produces a dilation of blood vessels and capillaries which results in subsequent increase in blood flow. The vasodilatation of the blood vessel is very similar to the flush felt instantaneously during sexual excitement and orgasms. The pleasurable feeling can last up to 20 minutes and because there is a larger than normal histamine release, the feeling is often more dramatic than the sensations that occur during intercourse. "

mod edit - bold-emphasis above is mine, demo

From http://www.physiciansselect.co.uk/niacin-vitamin-b3-information.htm
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 11:32:50 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2011, 11:46:06 AM »
Holy Moly! After re-reading POIS-SUFFERER's post above, it suddenly hit me: my POIS has strangely but dramatically improved recently - 90% to 100% POIS relief, over my usual 80% relief with testosterone replacement therapy (TRT)...

At the same time, I also was recently put on NIASPANĀ® (niacin extended-release tablets) for my cholesterol!

I hope this is real and not just a happy interlude!

Stay tuned!

Wow.

This is NOT a recommendation for you to try it, though I really hope this helps the forum's research! And - as always - work closely with your physician, and keep in mind that we are all different! What works for one person might not work for someone else. And could even be harmful.

Demo, I like to think that this is the B3 which helps, this would made things easy for many of you, because you don't have XN easily available, but I can't be sure until someone really tries niacin and XN and says that they have the same positive effect for him...

Victor

I agree! Thank you Victor for your confirming comment!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Habibou

• Lab1
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2011, 12:20:43 PM »
Very interesting Demo, it seems to be a central finding !  thank you It seems to explain a lot more, and sounds very familiar for me at least.. The pois episode, intense long lasting warmth through the whole body, sweating. I noticed I ask everybody if the room is warm for them, just to check if I am not an exception there.

french article translated" niacin is a main factor in the sexual hormones production, blood stream, energy production AND histamine release"

"Some people cant support very well histamine release/absorption and it implies : Headaches, skin troubles, heart palpitations, dizziness, intense warmth feeling, digestive troubles (nausea, colon disorders, stomach.
The symptoms disappear alone in some hours after the histamine absorption."

Histamine could explain the "fake allergic reaction feeling" and the huge amount of it could explain why a simply "antihistamine" never worked for us.
Perhaps the Niacin by injections could prevent the wrong reaction by regulating the Histamine release during arousal and the O.

It would be good to have medical view on this Niacin findings and the possible link with our POIS. I hope Dr Waldinger would have a look on it !
Brain fog 90%  + tired all the time ,sport intolerance, fast heartbeat, colon inflammation

Starsky

• NDL_Group
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2011, 12:41:02 PM »
Common herbs with vasodilatory actions:
? Achillea millefolium (Yarrow)
? Allium sativum (Garlic)
? Amoracia rusticana (Horseradish)
? Berberis vulgaris (Barberry)
? Cimicifuga racemosa(Black cohosh)
? Coleus forskholii (Coleus)
? Coptis spp. (Goldenthread)
? Crataegusspp. (Hawthorn)
? Eleutherococcus senticosus(Siberian ginseng)
? Ginkgo biloba(Ginkgo)
? Melissa offiicnalis (Lemon Balm)
? Olea europaea (Olive leaf)
? Panax ginseng(Chinese Ginseng)
? Petroselinum crispum (Parsley)
? Scutellaria baicalensis (Baical Skullcap)
? Tilia europaea (Linden Flower)
? Trigonella foenum-graecum (Fenugreek)
? Urtica dioica (Nettles)
? Valeriana officinalis(Valerian)
? Viburnum spp. (Cramp, Bark, Black Haw)
? Veratrum viride (American Hellebore)
? Verbena officinalis (Vervain)
? Xanthoxylum americanum (Prickly Ash)
? Zingiber officinale(Ginger)

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2011, 01:50:56 PM »

It would be good to have a medical view on this Niacin finding and the possible link with our POIS.

Habibou, I agree wholeheartedly.

And our POIS-NORD Research Fund is the fastest way to find out!
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=125.0

Habibou

• Lab1
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2011, 07:20:02 PM »
I tried to give my donation but my "card doesn't work on international websites"  >:( I will send it with another card soon so ! But you are right, we really all need to take part of it at our own scale  :) each $ is welcome !
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 07:23:24 PM by Habibou »
Brain fog 90%  + tired all the time ,sport intolerance, fast heartbeat, colon inflammation

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2011, 11:00:00 PM »
Niacin monitoring -

Today (POIS onset) was 90%+ POIS-free. After my dose of 500mg (daily) NIASPAN, it feels like it jumped to 100%.

Placebo effect? Time will tell.

(Keep in mind that TRT is still my main POIS "cure", with 2.5 years proven 80% efficacy).
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 11:23:43 PM by demografx »

victor.kons

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2011, 05:36:32 AM »
Niacin monitoring -

Today (POIS onset) was 90%+ POIS-free. After my dose of 500mg (daily) NIASPAN, it feels like it jumped to 100%.

Placebo effect? Time will tell.

(Keep in mind that TRT is still my main POIS "cure", with 2.5 years proven 80% efficacy).
Thats interesting.

I can say that:
1. I'm taking XN starting from February 2010, and through all this time it simply works, so probably its not a placebo.
2. I have not experimented of taking XN too much, when I have the POIS, but I noticed that when in POIS it has far less effect, e.g. you need to take very high dose to feel the relief. But again, I didn't experimented much with it. Your dose of 500mg looks big enough, thats why you might feel the relief of up to 20% to your TRT, but I wonder how much niacin in this dose?

Victor

3 day POIS sessions, brain fog, heartbeat, digestion problems. Currently using XN for 95% relief from POIS symptoms.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2011, 09:15:26 AM »

1. I'm taking XN starting from February 2010, and through all this time it simply works, so probably its not a placebo.
2. I have not experimented of taking XN too much, when I have the POIS, but I noticed that when in POIS it has far less effect, e.g. you need to take very high dose to feel the relief. But again, I didn't experimented much with it. Your dose of 500mg looks big enough, thats why you might feel the relief of up to 20% to your TRT, but I wonder how much niacin in this dose?

Victor

In point 2 are you refering to when you had forgotten to take XN before so as to prevent POIS? The question is related to point 1. If XN stops your POIS, you wouldn't have POIS to try the XN.

I guess what you mean is that taking it too late (i.e. after the orgasm) it doesn't work much.

I assume you don't take XN daily either right? Just when you know you are going to have an orgasm.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2011, 10:25:16 AM »
Victor,

Your doctor that originally directed you to XN must really be commended for her effort and concern. So many just say they can't help you.

She, it was a she wasn't it, should receive some recognition.

can you send me her data? We have a database for POIS related assistance in all parts of the world. The program is a little rough still, I need to get time to clean it up, but it's at http://poiscenter.com/db/collaborator_list.php. Enter her data there so others in your area may be able to go to someone "useful". Also at some point, if we find that XN is a key in all of this, I would like to give her the credit for taking the initiative.

Any key advances on POIS will go into history, as we are at the beginning of a solution.

If you go to the database and have problems entering her data, send it to me via PM and I'll be sure it gets in there.

Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.

B_Daniel

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2011, 10:34:03 AM »
Victor,

Your doctor that originally directed you to XN must really be commended for her effort and concern. So many just say they can't help you.

I couldnt agree more.  Great idea Daveman.

B_Daniel

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2011, 10:45:47 AM »
I tried to give my donation but my "card doesn't work on international websites"  >:( I will send it with another card soon so ! But you are right, we really all need to take part of it at our own scale  :) each $ is welcome !

Habibou, let me know as soon as your donation goes through!  I will update the Donation Tally in the POIS Center forum.

EDIT: I just saw on the NSF forum that your donation went through.  Yayyy!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 01:11:16 PM by B_Daniel »

Habibou

• Lab1
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2011, 02:11:03 PM »
100$ isn't a lot but it is a good start !

I have bought "Nicobion 500mg" (french version) to take orally which is same as vitamine PP/ vitamine B3, Niacin, nicotinamide.  Will update  :)

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2011, 03:46:39 PM »
100$ isn't a lot but it is a good start !

I have bought "Nicobion 500mg" (french version) to take orally which is same as vitamine PP/ vitamine B3, Niacin, nicotinamide.  Will update  :)

It's a great start. If everybody put $100 we'd be there in no time!

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2011, 08:08:57 PM »
Xanthiol Nicotinate is a form of niacin (Vitamin B3) which is a vasodilator used in peripheral vascular disorders and insufficiency.  Also has been used (in pill form as niacin) to treat short-term memory disorders, lack of concentration, attention and vigilance (works possibly because it dilates constricted cerebral vessels).

This would explain why garlic works against POIS. Because garlic is a vasodilator too, and it cointains a lot of Vitamin B3.

Garlic also lowers blood pressure levels due to its vasodilator properties and may be useful for patients with mild hypertension.
In addition, garlic inhibits the formation of blood clots.

http://www.vegetarian-nutrition.info/herbs/garlic.php

I can recall that more than 3 months ago i ate two cloves of raw garlic and then i had 2 O. soon after i took them. My POIS was nearly inexistent in that case. I have never repeated the "experiment".

jivetalk

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2011, 09:26:06 PM »
Thought I'd share a find...

"Niacin is necessary for healthy skin, normal working of the stomach and intestinal tract, caring for the nervous system, and production of the sex hormones."; and
"Niacin has been important to the field of orthomolecular nutrition for its use supporting the higher functions of the brain and cognition."; and
"While niacin was originally helpful for the dementia of pellagra, high doses have been used to support normal mood and psychological function."

Bold is my edits...From the following site

http://www.womens-health-symmetry.com/niacin.html

victor.kons

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2011, 09:26:36 PM »
Hi, Daveman!

In point 2 are you refering to when you had forgotten to take XN before so as to prevent POIS? The question is related to point 1. If XN stops your POIS, you wouldn't have POIS to try the XN.

I guess what you mean is that taking it too late (i.e. after the orgasm) it doesn't work much.
Yes, you are right.

I assume you don't take XN daily either right? Just when you know you are going to have an orgasm.
Yes, you are right again and indeed this is very important point. I believe that only relatively big doses have the effect (though they are big they are in the range of allowed doses that are written in instruction for XN for example), I don't believe that small and often niacin doses will help. But these are my beliefs that come from experiments on myself.

Victor

« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 09:40:21 PM by victor.kons »
3 day POIS sessions, brain fog, heartbeat, digestion problems. Currently using XN for 95% relief from POIS symptoms.

jivetalk

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2011, 09:33:08 PM »
Common herbs with vasodilatory actions:
? Achillea millefolium (Yarrow)
? Allium sativum (Garlic)
? Amoracia rusticana (Horseradish)
? Berberis vulgaris (Barberry)
? Cimicifuga racemosa(Black cohosh)
? Coleus forskholii (Coleus)
? Coptis spp. (Goldenthread)
? Crataegusspp. (Hawthorn)
? Eleutherococcus senticosus(Siberian ginseng)
? Ginkgo biloba(Ginkgo)
? Melissa offiicnalis (Lemon Balm)
? Olea europaea (Olive leaf)
? Panax ginseng(Chinese Ginseng)
? Petroselinum crispum (Parsley)
? Scutellaria baicalensis (Baical Skullcap)
? Tilia europaea (Linden Flower)
? Trigonella foenum-graecum (Fenugreek)
? Urtica dioica (Nettles)
? Valeriana officinalis(Valerian)
? Viburnum spp. (Cramp, Bark, Black Haw)
? Veratrum viride (American Hellebore)
? Verbena officinalis (Vervain)
? Xanthoxylum americanum (Prickly Ash)
? Zingiber officinale(Ginger)

Is it too much of a co-incidence that a lot of the herbs on this list are substances that people have tried with limited success? Could the success be due to the different tolerences that people have to Niacin? (i.e Some people require more to provide a 'Flush').....Hmmm...very very interesting discussions. As I stated on the other forum, I am very cautiously optimistic about this.

I am trying some Niacin 100 mg, twice daily at the moment. Can't try the O at the moment, though until the weekend. Damned Meetings and Work. ...Will keep you posted. Would love to hear if others are trying this stuff also.

victor.kons

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2011, 09:35:49 PM »
Victor,

She, it was a she wasn't it, should receive some recognition.

can you send me her data? We have a database for POIS related assistance in all parts of the world. The program is a little rough still, I need to get time to clean it up, but it's at http://poiscenter.com/db/collaborator_list.php. Enter her data there so others in your area may be able to go to someone "useful". Also at some point, if we find that XN is a key in all of this, I would like to give her the credit for taking the initiative.

Any key advances on POIS will go into history, as we are at the beginning of a solution.

If you go to the database and have problems entering her data, send it to me via PM and I'll be sure it gets in there.
Agree with you. I've entered some data about her (Bruslenko Olga Vasilevna) at the link you provided.

Victor