Author Topic: The Taurine laboratory  (Read 28407 times)

Scrub

Re: The Taurine laboratory
« Reply #165 on: September 13, 2018, 05:14:22 PM »
Taurine is very interesting. I wish we knew more about *why* it has a good effect for you, b_jim.

Taurine does something with calcium? I always get weird effects when I supplement calcium, have you ever supplemented calcium b__jim?

Taurine is responsible for contributing to several different cellular processes including neuromodulation, neurotransmission and regulation of calcium dependent functions

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #166 on: September 13, 2018, 06:35:18 PM »
Thanks, Scrub!

« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 11:42:23 PM by demografx »
Usually have major POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks associated with it.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business.

b_jim

« Reply #167 on: September 14, 2018, 03:37:16 AM »
I wish we knew more about *why* it has a good effect for you, b_jim.
This is the question !

Taurine does something with calcium? I always get weird effects when I supplement calcium, have you ever supplemented calcium b__jim?

I never tought this before but I took only 1 time calcium supplement : it was few months before Pois beggining for knees pains (when I was child, I was small and when I became teenager I grow up too fast and I had knee pains).
Did excessive calcium caused the unbalance with zinc, mg or something elese ?
I don't think so but all is possible.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

mike_sweden

« Reply #168 on: September 15, 2018, 11:58:09 AM »
I've got taurine but always forgets to take it since it says it should be taken on empty stomach

b_jim

« Reply #169 on: September 15, 2018, 01:33:48 PM »
I try a new combo : 500mg of taurine + 500mg of tyrosine 30 minutes before orgasm.
I follow a diet with few meat I maybe I lack a bit of proteins.
This year i feel more symptoms. So I try tyrosine. I didn't give up the idea of a low dopamine lvel.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 04:13:27 PM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Scrub

« Reply #170 on: September 15, 2018, 04:20:42 PM »
I try a new combo : 500mg of taurine + 500mg of tyrosine 30 minutes before orgasm.
I follow a diet with few meat I maybe I lack a bit of proteins.
This year i feel more symptoms. So I try tyrosine. I didn't give up the idea of a low dopamine lvel.

Don't you think it might be better to try out tyrosine after orgasm? If you're right, dopamine would be depleted after ejaculation, and tyrosine as a precursor would help you to restore it.

b_jim

« Reply #171 on: September 16, 2018, 03:34:40 AM »
i'm testing. I will give my feelings after some weeks. Today I'm fine.
Dopamine itself might be not enough to explain Pois.
Dopamine might be enough to explain loss of energy, muscular fatigue and loss of concentration. But not flu-like symptoms.

Maybe the couple enorphins/dopamine + Gaba regulation and their different fluctuation after orgasm ans semen regenration can explain all.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

dizzy

« Reply #172 on: September 17, 2018, 07:08:13 AM »
Found an article: https://www.news-medical.net/news/20180307/Researchers-determine-cause-of-difficult-to-control-mitochondrial-diseases.aspx

It says that taurine deficiency impairs mitochondrial function.

Instead of supplementing with taurine, it seems that supplementing with TUDCA is even better:

In recent years, compounds that inhibit abnormal protein aggregation have been developed. One of these compounds, TUDCA (ursodeoxycholic acid), is a substance originally present as a secondary bile acid in the body. Administering TUDCA to cells without taurine-tRNA binding resulted in the near complete disappearance of aggregates and the reduction of cellular stress. Moreover, when TUDCA was administered to mitochondrial disease model mice with reduced taurine-tRNA binding, cell damage was also improved.

This is the thread I got it from: https://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/100083-new-taurine-study/
Male. POIS symptoms: red eyes, ear-pain, anxiety, speech problems, pale/ugly skin, stiff neck, double chin, tinnitus, light sensitivity. POIS even after stimulation without O.

b_jim

« Reply #173 on: September 17, 2018, 12:32:17 PM »
Thanks. Not easy to understand but it seems it's only from mithocondrial point of view. Why not, I don't know. All is possible.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

certainlypois2

« Reply #174 on: September 18, 2018, 11:37:17 PM »
bjim, do you eat white bread and white rice.

b_jim

« Reply #175 on: Today at 04:54:53 AM »
Yes, I do. I eat basmati rice for low glycemic index. But it's not a success for my stomach. I like white bread (baguette) especially at breakfast with butter or at lauch with cheese.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

certainlypois2

« Reply #176 on: Today at 12:52:03 PM »
Yes, I do. I eat basmati rice for low glycemic index. But it's not a success for my stomach. I like white bread (baguette) especially at breakfast with butter or at lauch with cheese.

Thanks, I didn't want to give those up.   Basmati rice still made me feel weird if i eat a lot of it so i switched to parboiled rice which glycemic index is much lower than basmati.