Author Topic: The Taurine laboratory  (Read 127894 times)

Vandemolen

Re: The Taurine laboratory
« Reply #160 on: September 12, 2018, 03:59:58 PM »
i think the link GABA-endorphins may be the Pois key.

Endorphins are released with orgasm
Chinese MD think Pois is an endorphin deficiency.
Pois looks like a "50% Opiate whidrawal syndrome" (4-5 days for Pois, 8-10 for ows)

Endorphins balance is linked to Gaba.
Taurine as Gaba-like subsatnce helps my pois.
I just found a new link between both :

Pregabaline is used to fight Ows.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22689280

Coincidence, I know this med. It was used by a member of my family for a serious condition.

I think endorphins levels crash after ejaculation and Gaba retro-controles the endorphins levels. If gaba level is low, endorphins level can't rebalance quickly, explaining Pois.
Interesting.
Question: why do you take taurine instead of gaba? Maybe you explained it befor but
I couldn’t find it.
Pregabalin has a lot of side effects.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 04:03:45 PM by Vandemolen »
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Scrub

« Reply #161 on: September 12, 2018, 10:17:14 PM »
i think the link GABA-endorphins may be the Pois key.

Endorphins are released with orgasm
Chinese MD think Pois is an endorphin deficiency.
Pois looks like a "50% Opiate whidrawal syndrome" (4-5 days for Pois, 8-10 for ows)

Endorphins balance is linked to Gaba.
Taurine as Gaba-like subsatnce helps my pois.
I just found a new link between both :

Pregabaline is used to fight Ows.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22689280

Coincidence, I know this med. It was used by a member of my family for a serious condition.

I think endorphins levels crash after ejaculation and Gaba retro-controles the endorphins levels. If gaba level is low, endorphins level can't rebalance quickly, explaining Pois.
Interesting.
Question: why do you take taurine instead of gaba? Maybe you explained it befor but
I couldn’t find it.
Pregabalin has a lot of side effects.

I tried Gabapentin (not Pregabalin) and it makes you feel like a zombie, even on a low dose. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend it for POIS, take it only if your doctor has prescribed it to you for something else.

Suplementing GABA is pretty much useless as it doesn't cross easely BBB:

Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) is the main inhibitory neurotransmitter in the human cortex. The food supplement version of GABA is widely available online. Although many consumers claim that they experience benefits from the use of these products, it is unclear whether these supplements confer benefits beyond a placebo effect. Currently, the mechanism of action behind these products is unknown. It has long been thought that GABA is unable to cross the blood?brain barrier (BBB), but the studies that have assessed this issue are often contradictory and range widely in their employed methods. Accordingly, future research needs to establish the effects of oral GABA administration on GABA levels in the human brain, for example using magnetic resonance spectroscopy. There is some evidence in favor of a calming effect of GABA food supplements, but most of this evidence was reported by researchers with a potential conflict of interest. We suggest that any veridical effects of GABA food supplements on brain and cognition might be exerted through BBB passage or, more indirectly, via an effect on the enteric nervous system. We conclude that the mechanism of action of GABA food supplements is far from clear, and that further work is needed to establish the behavioral effects of GABA

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4594160/

b_jim

« Reply #162 on: September 13, 2018, 03:57:24 AM »
I take taurine because it's something safe. I hate meds, never recreative drugs and very few alcohol. I wouldn't take something without doctor agreemant, dispite i would give anything to cure Pois.
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #163 on: September 13, 2018, 12:18:44 PM »
Taurine is very interesting. I wish we knew more about *why* it has a good effect for you, b_jim.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

JohnJames

« Reply #164 on: September 13, 2018, 03:26:51 PM »
Taurine is very interesting. I wish we knew more about *why* it has a good effect for you, b_jim.

Taurine does something with calcium? I always get weird effects when I supplement calcium, have you ever supplemented calcium b__jim?

Scrub

« Reply #165 on: September 13, 2018, 05:14:22 PM »

Taurine does something with calcium? I always get weird effects when I supplement calcium, have you ever supplemented calcium b__jim?

Taurine is responsible for contributing to several different cellular processes including neuromodulation, neurotransmission and regulation of calcium dependent functions

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #166 on: September 13, 2018, 06:35:18 PM »
Thanks, Scrub!

« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 11:42:23 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

b_jim

« Reply #167 on: September 14, 2018, 03:37:16 AM »
I wish we knew more about *why* it has a good effect for you, b_jim.
This is the question !

I never tought this before but I took only 1 time calcium supplement : it was few months before Pois beggining for knees pains (when I was child, I was small and when I became teenager I grow up too fast and I had knee pains).
Did excessive calcium caused the unbalance with zinc, mg or something elese ?
I don't think so but all is possible.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

mike_sweden

« Reply #168 on: September 15, 2018, 11:58:09 AM »
I've got taurine but always forgets to take it since it says it should be taken on empty stomach

b_jim

« Reply #169 on: September 15, 2018, 01:33:48 PM »
I try a new combo : 500mg of taurine + 500mg of tyrosine 30 minutes before orgasm.
I follow a diet with few meat I maybe I lack a bit of proteins.
This year i feel more symptoms. So I try tyrosine. I didn't give up the idea of a low dopamine lvel.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 04:13:27 PM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Scrub

« Reply #170 on: September 15, 2018, 04:20:42 PM »
I try a new combo : 500mg of taurine + 500mg of tyrosine 30 minutes before orgasm.
I follow a diet with few meat I maybe I lack a bit of proteins.
This year i feel more symptoms. So I try tyrosine. I didn't give up the idea of a low dopamine lvel.

Don't you think it might be better to try out tyrosine after orgasm? If you're right, dopamine would be depleted after ejaculation, and tyrosine as a precursor would help you to restore it.

b_jim

« Reply #171 on: September 16, 2018, 03:34:40 AM »
i'm testing. I will give my feelings after some weeks. Today I'm fine.
Dopamine itself might be not enough to explain Pois.
Dopamine might be enough to explain loss of energy, muscular fatigue and loss of concentration. But not flu-like symptoms.

Maybe the couple enorphins/dopamine + Gaba regulation and their different fluctuation after orgasm ans semen regenration can explain all.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

dizzy

« Reply #172 on: September 17, 2018, 07:08:13 AM »
Found an article: https://www.news-medical.net/news/20180307/Researchers-determine-cause-of-difficult-to-control-mitochondrial-diseases.aspx

It says that taurine deficiency impairs mitochondrial function.

Instead of supplementing with taurine, it seems that supplementing with TUDCA is even better:

In recent years, compounds that inhibit abnormal protein aggregation have been developed. One of these compounds, TUDCA (ursodeoxycholic acid), is a substance originally present as a secondary bile acid in the body. Administering TUDCA to cells without taurine-tRNA binding resulted in the near complete disappearance of aggregates and the reduction of cellular stress. Moreover, when TUDCA was administered to mitochondrial disease model mice with reduced taurine-tRNA binding, cell damage was also improved.

This is the thread I got it from: https://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/100083-new-taurine-study/
Male, INTJ. POIS symptoms: red eyes, ear-pain, anxiety, speech problems, pale/ugly skin, stiff neck, double chin, tinnitus, light sensitivity. POIS even after stimulation without O.

b_jim

« Reply #173 on: September 17, 2018, 12:32:17 PM »
Thanks. Not easy to understand but it seems it's only from mithocondrial point of view. Why not, I don't know. All is possible.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

certainlypois2

« Reply #174 on: September 18, 2018, 11:37:17 PM »
bjim, do you eat white bread and white rice.

b_jim

« Reply #175 on: September 20, 2018, 04:54:53 AM »
Yes, I do. I eat basmati rice for low glycemic index. But it's not a success for my stomach. I like white bread (baguette) especially at breakfast with butter or at lauch with cheese.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

certainlypois2

« Reply #176 on: September 20, 2018, 12:52:03 PM »
Yes, I do. I eat basmati rice for low glycemic index. But it's not a success for my stomach. I like white bread (baguette) especially at breakfast with butter or at lauch with cheese.

Thanks, I didn't want to give those up.   Basmati rice still made me feel weird if i eat a lot of it so i switched to parboiled rice which glycemic index is much lower than basmati.

VictimNoMore

• POIS No Problem mon!
« Reply #177 on: September 20, 2018, 09:31:20 PM »
b_jim,
How do Taurine supplements feel for you in comparison to "Monster" energy drinks. I understand Monster has about 144mg of caffeine so i assume one would feel more energetic with monster compared to Taurine, but i wouldn't know since i haven't just isolated Taurine and taken it individually as a supplement.
Is the energy boost for you comparable?
Is it even an a short term energy boost for you, or is it a more gradual well being feeling over time?
I ask because today was a particularly tough day for me involving anxiety and irritablility, until i remembered this thread about taurine and reached for a Monster Rehab at a convenience store. I felt much better relatively instantly which brought up a lot of questions for me, particularly whether, it was the caffeine making me feel better or taurine.
And i hate to be off topic, but i many times wonder if POIS symptoms are similar too Sleep apnea, I notice After 0 my breathing becomes more shallow and short and perhaps sleep apnea is present and aggravated on days following O. Any thoughts? I'm somewhat new to the forum and haven't found sleep apnea discussed in detail deep in the archives....
Current Sups: "Lean Nutraceuticals Natural Testosterone Booster. Taken as directed on bottle.
Brain Fog 100% gone. Still tired and anxious.
Clomiphene citrate - 50mg. Along with daily egg intake and probiotic foods. Drastic improvement.

b_jim

« Reply #178 on: September 20, 2018, 10:47:48 PM »
Strangely I never tried these energy drinks ! Not at all.
I drink very few coffee because i'm sensible to caffeine. I would say tuarine has as calming effect, not excitating.

About apneas, I tried valerian 10-12 years ago. It gave me terrible effects on breath and apnea, dispite it supposed to be sedative and gabaergic plant.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

VictimNoMore

• POIS No Problem mon!
« Reply #179 on: September 21, 2018, 11:27:12 PM »
Ok,
Today is my O+5 day and strangely I've been feeling a lot worse Than my O+1 day ( I keep a personal journal to document my POIS and supplements). I took another monster energy drink today and it's effects were nowhere near as effective as previously, so today neither caffeine nor taurine in monster helped. I'm suspecting my daily 5htp before bed may help me on O+1 days but afterwards makes me more tired on O+3 and on days due to it maybe raising my melatonin.
Regardless I did purchase some taurine supplements and once I feel a good starting point I will give myself a 15 day trial!
Current Sups: "Lean Nutraceuticals Natural Testosterone Booster. Taken as directed on bottle.
Brain Fog 100% gone. Still tired and anxious.
Clomiphene citrate - 50mg. Along with daily egg intake and probiotic foods. Drastic improvement.