Author Topic: Interstitial cystitis or bladder pain syndrome  (Read 4787 times)

Vandemolen

Interstitial cystitis or bladder pain syndrome
« on: November 26, 2013, 06:38:49 PM »
I don't say that POIS and Interstitial cystitis are the same. But for both is what is for sure is that there is no perfect cure. And they think that at IC there is an auto-immune reaction of the bladder. Look up for IC at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstitial_cystitis
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

mr_green

Re: Interstitial cystitis or bladder pain syndrome
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 10:23:57 AM »
I have this. And right now it is the most unpleasant thing about my POIS. Is it actually widespread among POIS men?

mr_green

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 06:34:58 AM »
Well, okay, nobody is interested, but I will still add some information. For some time this interstitial cystitis was my biggest POIS symptom. I talked to a doctor and began taking vitamins A & E (in my country, there is one single med for it called Aevit). After some two weeks of taking it, I have no more bladder inflammation. Too much sex is still too much, now I get aching muscles sometimes, but at least I don't have to pee every 20 minutes. Probably, a bit more workout time will help with the other problem.

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 12:27:04 PM »
Well, okay, nobody is interested, but I will still add some information. For some time this interstitial cystitis was my biggest POIS symptom. I talked to a doctor and began taking vitamins A & E (in my country, there is one single med for it called Aevit). After some two weeks of taking it, I have no more bladder inflammation. Too much sex is still too much, now I get aching muscles sometimes, but at least I don't have to pee every 20 minutes. Probably, a bit more workout time will help with the other problem.

Hi Mr_green,

It's not that nobody is interested, it is because interstitial cystitis is not a common POIS symptoms, so your post did not attract reactions.  Inflammation in the prostate, for example, is more common.  But there is many sub-types of POIS, and the inflammation reaction may be more acute for you in the bladder wall than elsewhere, and secondary in the muscles.  You may have an already existing tendency for IC that is worsened by POIS.

It looks like your brain is spared by POIS, as you did not mention any symptoms of inflammation or toxicity in the central nervous system, like cognitive problems ( brain fog, memory loss, focus problems,..) or emotional symptoms ( anxiety, loss of self-esteem, irritability, mood swings,,....). Is it so ?  If it is so, that's a good thing for you, less symptoms to manage.

You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 08:23:17 PM »
I think that when Interstitial cystitis/BPS shows up together with POIS that they are both symptoms of:

Mast cell activation syndrome

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 10:25:51 AM »
I had Interstitial cystitis before my POIS and then my POIS developed one year after it started so I would agree they're both linked to Mast Cell activation syndrome