Author Topic: How Does POIS Affect Your Dreams?  (Read 11935 times)

Samir

• POIS victim since 1988
    • Huntsville Car Scene.com
How Does POIS Affect Your Dreams?
« on: June 17, 2013, 12:06:29 AM »
I've noticed I have very wild and vivid dreams that I sometimes even remember the first few minutes after waking up.  They're pretty much like some sort of action movie.  I've even acted out some parts in real life when I'm being physical in the dream.  Thank God I didn't have my wife sleeping next to me at the time.  :o

Outside of POIS, I don't dream at all--or at least remember that I did.

Have any of you had any POIS-influenced dreams?  And if so, how have they been affected?

Samir

• POIS victim since 1988
    • Huntsville Car Scene.com
Re: How Does POIS Affect Your Dreams?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 12:08:23 AM »
Oops!  I just read the thread for this forum. :(  Feel free to move this thread if it's in the wrong area.  Sorry Daveman!  :-[

Vincent M

• Physical overshadows cognitive symptoms. 10yrs.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 04:54:17 PM »
It seems that POIS impairs my memory to a point where remembering dreams is rare. If I take huperzine I will remember my dreams more often and in greater detail. Due to this rarity of remembering dreams I haven't been able to see any trend of affect of POIS on the actual events in my dream or type of dreams I have. My dreams are fairly varied, but nightmares are the most rare for me. I've had about 4 or 5 episodes of sleep paralysis that started sometime after POIS developed that are spaced out with months in between them so not often at all. During these episodes it seems that within a dream I think I've woken up and I can sort of look around my room, but can't move any other part of my body besides my eyes. It's a terrifying thing for me and it feels very real when it happens as if I've actually woken up paralyzed, but there is a mental haze that makes me think these episodes happen within at least a partial dream state.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 04:56:10 PM by Vincent M »
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

Prancer

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 06:20:54 PM »
I've had about 4 or 5 episodes of sleep paralysis that started sometime after POIS developed that are spaced out with months in between them so not often at all. During these episodes it seems that within a dream I think I've woken up and I can sort of look around my room, but can't move any other part of my body besides my eyes. It's a terrifying thing for me and it feels very real when it happens as if I've actually woken up paralyzed
Omg, had this happen to me ONCE in the past after going to bed with very bad POIS and it was really weird/scary. Hope it never happens again.
I rarely remember my dreams too.

Ccconfucius

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 03:55:06 PM »
i dont remember dreams either in pois and they are not vivid. As I recover my dreams get more vivid and i remeber them more.  Whenever i used 5http even in pois my dreams were very vivid and scary.

I get those dreams within dreams to. It is like have to tell my self to wake up several times before i wake up. I remeber getting those way before i notice pois and i have asked others to see if they get those and they do.
I dont think it has anything to do with pois.

MrVat7

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 05:22:55 AM »
I do not have dream after ejaculation . I start dreaming as i recover.

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 09:20:12 PM »
POIS definitely affected my dreams. It got more difficult to sleep and dream, but when I did, they were usually bad dreams, nightmares... I have also experienced the sleep paralysis that Vincent Marcus is referring to, and it is not a pleasant experience.

deskmoret

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 12:56:00 PM »
I've noticed I have very wild and vivid dreams that I sometimes even remember the first few minutes after waking up.  They're pretty much like some sort of action movie.  I've even acted out some parts in real life when I'm being physical in the dream.  Thank God I didn't have my wife sleeping next to me at the time.  :o

I noticed such dreams around reading your message in 2013, so I am not sure if they started then. They are probably not related by time to POIS. Very detailed dreams, usually about running or riding by bus for or from something or somewhere.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 06:28:45 AM by deskmoret »

sameer7777

• pls send what ever working pls thankyou
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 05:09:26 PM »
I get nightmares really scary like I will die
Bad dreams
pls don't expose me.
AFTER SEX/MASTERBATION (FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS)
1)BACK NECK PAIN GOES TO DOWN SPINE
2)NERVES LIKE SQUEEZED OUT
3)MORNING FEET NERVES PAIN
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION
7)HIGH SUGAR LEVELS (TRIED INSULIN FOR 1 YEAR MAKE ME MORE SICK

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2015, 09:45:07 PM »
Once dreamt of 2 planets disastrously colliding, right after an NE.

Sure enough, 4 disastrous days of POIS followed!

« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 11:18:38 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Outsider

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 01:52:23 PM »
I sleep pretty bad when i eat cheeze the same day especially the night
bad dreams, and often screaming.
anyway i don't eat diary food anymore
it s too shame, i live in france this is a country speciality
completly exhausted after, and symptom neuro follow.
I noticed if the cheeze is hot, i don't have these symptoms
but i tried that at home, not outside or with some friends
to see if i m right
36 years old, very strong physical symptoms past my 33 years,
symp psycho, neuro and physical

Nas

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2016, 12:40:30 PM »
I've noticed I have very wild and vivid dreams that I sometimes even remember the first few minutes after waking up.  They're pretty much like some sort of action movie.  I've even acted out some parts in real life when I'm being physical in the dream.  Thank God I didn't have my wife sleeping next to me at the time.  :o

Outside of POIS, I don't dream at all--or at least remember that I did.

Have any of you had any POIS-influenced dreams?  And if so, how have they been affected?

After orgasm till about a weak I don't see dreams alot in my sleep, matter fact I get better dream experience when I'm POIS free

notmythirdaccount

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2016, 12:46:19 PM »
I get terrible, irrational nightmares when sleeping after O, and for at least 2 nights afterwards.

After abstaining for 3-5 days my dreams become overly  sexualized. On occasion I have nightmares of having an O, which spirals me into guilt until I wake up lol.

So terrible.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2016, 03:00:34 PM »
Sorry to hear, notmythirdaccount!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

joelawerence

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2016, 05:18:55 AM »
Lol, I don't remember the last time I remembered my dream. I am so tired when I sleep that I don't know where I am and even after a good 9 hours of sleep can sleep for hours more.
33 years old, POIS for around 12 years with increasing severity.
Major symptoms - Severe fatigue, back pain, unrefreshed even after 9+ hours sleep, pain behind eyes, very dry face, bald head with inflamed scalp, digestion issues and constipation. Very low testosterone and high glucose in blood tests

notmythirdaccount

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2016, 11:05:53 AM »
Lol, I don't remember the last time I remembered my dream. I am so tired when I sleep that I don't know where I am and even after a good 9 hours of sleep can sleep for hours more.

Same here. And 9+ hours of sleep feels (quality wise) to that of 5-7hours. There are times when I stay awake for a while in bed as I try to sleep, doesn't work.

Mr Raba

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2016, 09:27:44 AM »
Taking immunocal at bed time after O helps my nights be better, calms me down so I can sleep.
Got rid of totally out if it feeling.

I keep on sharing about immunical with group, but  have not heard if anyone else has tried.

Look for it and in amazon.
Simultaneous onset of CFS and POIS since Feb 1993. Married since 1989.

Helped by Immunocal (I explained how to take in previous posts).  Some relief on day one and day two.  It affects neurotransmitters.

certainlypois2

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2016, 12:47:24 PM »
I just started  trying immopro along with alphagpc, immpro is suppose to be the same quality but it is much cheaper. If immunopro does not work i will try  immunocal.
Do you know if

Mr Raba

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2016, 05:02:48 PM »
I can not toleratte it mmunopro at all. Thay say is same but definitely not. I tried it several times for sure. I advise you test with high quality stuff and then see if what you get by the savings comes even remotely close to it. I have experimented wirh wheys since 2000. The only other one tha worked for me was immuplus. Which was discontinued.
Simultaneous onset of CFS and POIS since Feb 1993. Married since 1989.

Helped by Immunocal (I explained how to take in previous posts).  Some relief on day one and day two.  It affects neurotransmitters.